Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Happy Pill - test run  (Read 21275 times)

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
Happy Pill - test run
« on: August 24, 2011, 12:10:01 pm »
Not in the best of humours today so decided after lunch to give Happy Pill a run.
No!!!! What were the sound engineers thinking of???? After the luscious, intricate, deep, complex (I could add 50 positive adjectives here) of Brain Ev, the Happy Pill canned tubular bells was a nasty acoustic shock.
Karl, I will ask you a direct question. Did they use this electronic tubular bells to save money? time? effort? or is there a genuine reason to utilise what I call 'mindless restaurant tinkle'?
Arrrggghhhhh.... my first reaction is total disappointment. I do not like it one bit.

I will try of course, in the interest of being able to use BWE to switch mind-states, to habituate to the electronic celestial irritant, but believe I will need a solid explanation for the switch from great landscape simphonies to that. With a good reason, I may be able to handle 30 minute sessions of that.

Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear!
P.S. Do I feel any happier? Possibly. I certainly don't feel any worse but I didn't enjoy the session in any way, nor did I notice anything happening.

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
Re: Happy Pill - test run
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:19:31 pm »
Oh dear, sorry that the session didn't help!

Although it does sound slightly as though you entered it in a not-so-wonderful state of mind to start with :)

The Happiness session is intended to help boost your mood. The tubular bells aren't there to save any time, effort or money, but rather were there as they were the best tool for the job.

The Brain Salon *isn't* as complex or in-depth as BrainEv, that's for sure. This is a much simpler system, but many people enjoy its "raw" functioning!

Sorry that one didn't click with you! :O

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 04:22:42 pm »
No worries, Karl. As I said it is a test run.
To be totally honest, it is about 4 hours post session and I feel.....well.....content. Isn't that what it is all about? A happiness boost. I sat in the car while my son was at the dentist and felt contentment. Just well in myself. And I am still grounded and content/satisfied.

I accept your 'raw' functioning comment. I suppose it's a bit like owning a Maserati (Brain Ev) and being given a Fiat 126 (Brain Salon) as a company car. There is no comparison: acoustically rich sound-scapes in Brain Ev - I just love the way the Level IV thunder rolls across those vast, flat landscapes, rolling and echoing, my eyes even follow the direction of the sound - and uninspired computer generated tinkling, that I find mildly irritating of Brain Salon.

Back to the question: (I accept I am being pushy) Why is insipid computer-generated 'noise' the best tool for the job? I don't see the difference between embedding frequencies in Brain Ev and ditto in Brain Salon? Is it in someway different?

You see, I think Brain Ev is just brilliant. Simply brilliant. It leaves top-of-the-range competitors in the shade (I have tested 3 brands incl. Holosync). I would (and do) recommend it to everyone. Why would Inspire 3 make two products of differing quality?

That said, it is the results that count. I shall accept that the computer noise is 'the best tool for the job' and let my irritation dissolve. After all, it is an enhanced brain state I seek. Perhaps I just need to get used to it. I will get a few more sessions of Happy Pill under my belt to test functionality.

Please take my comment as well intentioned. It was a first run and I trust I shall soon rave about Brain Salon too.

AZ Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 07:58:46 pm »
Hi PureBliss,

I agree with most of your statements.  It's too funny (& scary  :D) the coincidences of similar examples you used and I thought of yesterday. I kept referring to BrainEv as a "Ferrari" in my example.  I didn't know how best to write my answer to Karl's question on a different thread but I will try my best (opted to answer via email due to the length ;)).  I too had felt little difference with Happy Pill--certainly less than "Razor Sharp, Creative Spark, and Power Chill". I have had a 50/50 success rate with "Ultra Deep Sleep"--the one I REALLY hoped for better results than I got and believe me I've tried!! It hasn't put me to sleep but got me close to it and my dreams have increased when I use it.  I know others had better success with these so it is different for everyone. You are absolutely right--it is the results that matter most. Those wishing to try it will see them, the only question is the degree of the results (success you see). I, too, am still trying to figure the answer to that for myself with both products. :)

The best I got from Happy Pill was a little difference in the right direction and I've done each CD several times. In contrast, I can't say that about BrainEv. I definitely see results with each level thus far. As far as the mix sound, it didn't bother me or become an obstacle that hindered my results. Just know it is different from BrainEv in the sounds, usage and results for those who haven't tried it. It is a good program (I haven't used many BWE programs), but it is still a good choice though not as potent as BrainEv.

Keep plugging away, PureBliss and I'll talk with ya later. :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:58:14 am by AZ Warrior »
Sincerely and best regards,

AZ Warrior!

sean101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 08:26:34 pm »
yea no doubt brainev is superior to any other brainwave entrainment product out there, the sounds are the least annoying out of any I have ever tried. I gurantee you though at some point during your brainev 6 months.. it being different for everyone, you will be able to use brain salon and have it work always like a charm. It's just a matter of when your brain builds those meditative neural connections. :))))

Nikaya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 03:29:16 am »
I haven't tried Brain Salon but I do have some iPhone apps designed to induce certain states with binaural rhythms (they were really cheap so I don't know how they compare in quality). In my experiences with the tracks I have listened to, I have different results depending on my state when I listen to them. For example, I tried listening to a "deep delta sleep" track when I was wide awake hoping to fall deeply asleep quickly. Instead, I felt panicky within a few minutes and ended up ripping the earbuds out of my ears and rocking myself to sleep haha. I have since found that if I listen to a theta track for a while (my fav is an alpha/theta combo) to deeply relax, then I am MUCH more open to the delta waves.

So all that said, I'm wondering what the process of entrainment is with Brain Salon in terms of progression through each track. Is it simply woven track of specific frequencies in hopes that listening to them for long enough will induce that state? Or do they start at a different level, say, beta for instance, then work toward whatever frequency is desired over the course of time?

I guess what I'm really getting at is this: is Brain Salon developed so that a person feeling angry or discontent should be able to listen to "Happy Pill" and progressively slide through the frequencies to a state of happiness? Maybe utilizing a combo of two tracks in a row to transition from one mindset to another would be more fruitful?

Oh, and just a thought on the comments about the perceived quality of sound with Brain Salon (and again, I haven't heard it so I'm just speaking in general terms)...but one of the most relaxing and pleasant experiences I have ever had in my life was getting an MRI (twice now actually). For those who don't know, it could probably be most closely equated with listening to an electronic version of a jackhammer at very high volume in a tiny, enclosed space. They let me listen to the radio but after a few minutes I opted to leave it off. For who knows what reason, I was completely enveloped by the sounds of the machine and was barely awake...probably somewhere in low theta...the whole time. The first time I heard a pure alpha rhythm it immediately reminded me of this experience and I had no doubt in my mind of the potential of brain entrainment. So I guess in my mind it's much more important to have the right rhythms in the right order, etc. than to have a pleasant-sounding background. Not that pleasant sounds aren't great. But I like to think that less is more sometimes. So anyway, this is longer than I intended but best of luck...and maybe experimenting with the how's and when's will make a difference? Who knows :)

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 08:18:39 pm »
Thank you all for your input. It has been really constructive. I shall implement all your suggestions and continue to experiment with Happy Pill. Nice to get so many thoughtful comments - makes me feel good! Will let you know how I progress.

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 03:27:21 pm »
Just wanted to answer this point specifically:

>> I guess what I'm really getting at is this: is Brain Salon developed so that a person feeling angry or discontent should be able to listen to "Happy Pill" and progressively slide through the frequencies to a state of happiness? Maybe utilizing a combo of two tracks in a row to transition from one mindset to another would be more fruitful?

Frequencies can impact on you differently, depending on your present state of mind. If you are in an agitated state of mind, then beta frequencies will typically agitate you further.

Here's a quote DIRECTLY from the user manual:

===

If you are experiencing anxiety, do not use beta
sessions, as they may agitate an unsettled mind.
Beta sessions include High Energy Espresso and
Razor Sharp. Instead, ?rst settle the mind, using a
session such as Power Chill. Then listen to the beta
sessions as required.

===

Getting relaxed and into "neutral" before any brainwave entrainment session is always a good idea.

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 04:56:02 pm »
Hello Nikaya and Karl,
[Please forgive my mindstate while I write this. I took my mother with Alzheimers to the podologist for a pedicure and it was a serious trip to la-la land. She was mad and I was madder, the poor man must have thought that he was talking to the wall. I feel upset and somewhat nauseous even after a dose of Power Chill and Level 5. In short I am very upset.]

Nikaya, you put your finger on the button. And Karl your response was spot on, about needing "to get into neutral" first. I knew that if I tried to relax into a deep, deep theta/delta session of Neptune's Cave (level 5) that I would just resist, or refuse to let go. I was tense, grieving, upset, mad, confused, shocked, and several other negative-state adjectives post the podologist's appointment. So your posts came at a perfect time.

I listened to Power Chill in order to relax and calm down. The track seemed to mesh exactly with my mental frequencies. I hardly heard the computer-generated angelic-chimes, just the waa-waa-waa of the BW frequency meshed, grounded and soothed. It really worked and I felt so much better/happier/calmer. It was an amazing auditory experience, very enjoyable as I became one with the frequencies. Afterwards I lay on my bed, I don't know for how long and felt replete, just well in myself.

In one of my previous posts I wrote about "know thyself", and this is yet another case in point. When times are rough or troubling, or in my case when I am overwhelmed by beta-frazzle, Power Chill stills the troubled waters and lays foundations for entering better mind-states.

So I have personally evidenced that it is NOT a case of 'one size fits all'. This may be the explanation why I felt so irritated once when I tried to sleep with Ultra Deep Sleep - it nearly drove me crazy, it literally wound me up. And ditto for the first test run of Happy Pill. When I put the track on I was the polar opposite of happy - perhaps discordance and resistance arise when the mental state is too distant to the starting point of the chosen soundtrack?

I would be interested in other people's feedback. In this case I confirm that Power Chill works for me when I am deeply upset and unstable - actually grieving the loss of my mother as the person I know.

GadgetGal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 11:19:01 am »
Pure Bliss,

would you say that Power Chill is a good way to relax and unwind if you are feeling frazzled then? I am still on the fence about buying Brain Salon and parting with my hard earned cash....but felt like there might have been something that could help me yesterday...

I tried Neptunes Cave as it is the current level I am working with but gave up after 15 mins...basically I was driving to a friends house for the first time...it was a complex journey and although I had my gps...I needed to get calm before setting out....your description of Power Chill made me think that might have fitted the bill?

Will be posting again re Brain EV soon as Neptune's cave which started out great for me sometimes brings up too many memories..some good some bad but I end up thinking too much where as Brain Ev is used as my "Time Out" from everything else...so the last thing I need is to be ending up thinking about stuff I had forgotten/didnt even know I still had the memories of...and have enough trouble shutting down current thoughts without old ones arising...!!

Thanks :) and glad to hear you got some respite from your feelings...

rchoates

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 02:39:29 pm »
Hi there GadgetGal,

I would say that those memories that come up, the stuff that you've forgotten or didn't even know, is very Very important. Buried memories come into conscious awareness when you're ready to deal with them, and confronting those memories, seeing what they're all about and how they impact your current life, is the key to freedom.

Don't be discouraged, despite the discomfort. This is a sign of major progress.

Robert

GadgetGal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 05:15:49 pm »
Robert,

Thanks for your encouragement....I stuck with it, and the memories ceased to come up after a week...they were mostly from my childhood, with a few more recent ones as I have been trying to stop rethinking or recirculating bad memories re certain events in my life and instead focus on the positive memories....which I have mainly suceeded in...maybe they needed to come up in order for me to re-appraise them?

Anyway, I took the plunged and bought Brain Salon earlier this week, so far only used Happy Pill a couple of times, both times I was feeling "ok" and wanted to feel "better"..it seemed to do the trick and this weekend I have got through tons of household jobs I have kept postponing....and felt too overwhelmed to start....not done a huge amount but more than normal....

Then today I am about to start Brain EV level 6 so popped on here before my first listen.....

Re the sounds on Brain Salon well I think the HP works fairly well for me as it reminds me of music i used to playing during reiki healing/relaxation sessions.....so that prob helped....

I did play the sleep track once...I did not have a troubled mind so was relaxed before sleeping but still awake at the end of the track and woke during the night....not needed to use it since but will try it again and also the others more next week as I am back to work after a week off!

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:22 am »
I would just add to this thread that we are currently revamping a few of the Brain Salon sessions based on user feedback.

Some sessions - Happy Pill, Sleep -- don't gel with everyone. We're improving them to ensure more people benefit.

ALL updates will be completely free of charge to existing customers :)

Tiffany

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 04:05:55 pm »
Yay, thanks Karl!

-Tiffany

mac

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 02:49:11 pm »
First shot at Happy Pill Rev 2 - It was great until the Caribbean music came on, which I found to be a total distraction. For whatever reason that style is absolutely NOT happy for me.  Music is an intensely personal thing. I would not inflict my tastes on others, and don't appreciate it when others inflict their tastes on me. In music there is no accounting for taste. I prefer natural sounds.

In general my impression so far is that these are so different that I am going to rename them so that I can distinguish and use both rev1 and rev2.  Interesting, regardless

-m

Follow us on Twitter