Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Ultra Deep Sleep conundrum!  (Read 17527 times)

MindMan

• View Profile
Ultra Deep Sleep conundrum!
« on: October 08, 2011, 04:56:47 pm »
Dear all
I have used Ultra Deep Sleep 3 times now and have found that rather than helping me into sleep, it gets me really alert and my mind and body feels over-stimulated. Consequently I have had a really poor night's sleep each time. The last time I tried using Power Chill first, but it didn't make much difference. Has anyone else had this experience? Any ideas on how to get a better result?
Many thanks
MM :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:15:38 pm by MindMan »

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Deep Sleep conundrum!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:40:07 pm »
HI there Mindman,
This sleep issue is a tough one! Hmmm..... I have just written a long (very long) and detailed post to Noseboy in response to his post entitled "Restless". I suggest you have a look at that and implement the same strategies as I have outlined.

The important thing to determine is:
a) are you using Ultra Deep Sleep because sleep eludes you? i.e. insomnia is the problem, or
b) is Ultra Deep Sleep the issue, in which case you may need to calm down your brainwave frequencies first so you can 'align' with those intended to induce sleepiness.

A final thought. Based on my own experience of level 5, I found it quite hard to relax and entrain into deep levels of theta and delta. I found myself resisting it - subconsciously.  Knowing what I now know, I would repeat the level and reassure myself Brain Ev and level 5 and deep theta/delta is safe for me.

Good luck and here is to a great night's sleep. That said, I'm off to bed and I look forward to reading your response shortly. Sleep tight!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:42:31 pm by Pure Bliss »

MindMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 06:38:27 pm »
Hey there Pure Bliss

Thank you so much for your response. Yes you had written a thorough response to Noseboy! :-) ..... Well I guess the problem is both a & b. I do have problems sleeping at the moment, which is why I was looking forward to the Ultra Deep Sleep (UDS) track, but also, the track itself is an issue in that it currently overstimulates me.....Actually, now I think of it, UDS also triggers old childhood memories and I can see clear images in my mind's eye of my childhood home and then will go on to dream about that period of my life - so of course it maybe triggering the processing of old psychological/emotional material also, which is fine.

I get on really well with BrainEv level 1, Power Chill and Happy Pill in Brain Salon and have used Power Chill as a prep for UDS. Maybe I just need to be a bit patient and allow myself longer to get used to the lower frequencies. Also, I thought I might experiment with using UDS during the day sometimes, to give myself the opportunity to get used to it without disturbing my sleep - what do you think? The Theta tracks always get me relaxed and so feel I can always depend on them before going to bed.

I like your idea of doing a little self-coaching too, re-assuring myself that I'm safe and that whatever comes is good and useful stuff - nice! :-)

Many thanks again

MM  :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:15:26 pm by MindMan »

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 08:02:49 pm »
Way to go, sir!
As a novice but avid learner, I could pretty well guarantee that the childhood memories are indications of you being in soporofic alpha.... well done. So when you get those, congratulate yourself on doing a good job - you are entraining out of beta into alpha. A start anyway. When you next get those childhood flashbacks, look at the images/memories and start to feel them, get the emotion and use all your senses, not just visual, which (according to Anna Wise) will lead you into deeper Alpha. If the images/sensations get fuzzy.... well you should be moving into theta. So now you can self monitor in a very relaxed, unfocused, undemanding, self-accepting way (remember you want to avoid the thinking/analysis bit as it returns you to beta levels!).

Yep, I definitely need to go the self-coaching route to allow myself into delta realms while remaining conscious.

I am also pretty sure you are right about needing time, repetitions and practice to get into lower frequencies. After all look at the diagrams of deepening frequencies (I mean slower), that are shown graphically on the introductory levels.

So congratulations. It looks as if you are right on target. Have a wonderous journey Mindman and know that I am thinking of you (and others too!) as I do all my head massage and self-talk prior to Brain Eving. May you have a great night's sleep!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:44:06 pm by Pure Bliss »

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 06:28:18 am »
Just pinging in a quick response regarding this...

Yes, the Ultra Deep Sleep session can be a tricky one, and the suggestions from @PureBliss are brilliant.

We are considering a more enhanced version of this session in future, and will be sure to keep you updated. Insomnia and general sleep issues are something that have affected a LOT of people -- including myself -- so I completely understand where you're coming from.

Will keep everyone updated!

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 05:07:19 pm »
Hi Karl,
I think it is an inspired idea to work on the INSOMNIA ISSUE! So many of us seem to have it.
An enhanced Ultra Deep Sleep track? That sounds marvellous. If I may make a suggestion, please use nature sounds and not the electronic stuff..... I find the nature sounds very reassuring (talking Brain Ev sounds here, of rain, waves, streams, thunder, bird song etc), and the sounds should be carefully chosen not to increase anxiety.
I have finally received Hog Rider's suggestion of Delta System 2 by Jeffrey Thompson.... it uses some deep space sounds NASA brought back from the Voyager expedition. That caught my attention - positively - and it sounds wonderful to me (and Best Beloved).
Other sounds that are very soothing - i.e. childhood memories, are
a) fireside crackle of burning logs
b) the gentle sough of wind in a pine forest
c) chirping of cicadas and warm weather insects (they are gone quiet now here, but they resonate so wonderfully of sunshine and warmth)
d) clucking hens.... the contented sound a hen makes as they forage out of doors, it is quiet and sounds so content (I know we used to have about a hundred rare breeds of hen!)
Also I have a couple of CDs that I enjoy listening to as background noise, and they have Gregorian chant, native american chanting, drumbeats etc..... just to add in a human touch.
Not solid chanting of course, but just a trickle now and again like you use on Brain Ev.

I wonder what the rest of you think?
Can't wait for the upgraded version. I volunteer to test anything you produce!
All the best, Pure Bliss

MindMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 10:47:25 pm »
Hey Pure Bliss

Thanks for your lovely message - you're a sweetie! :-) ...and I certainly like your suggestions - all makes great sense to me and will certainly give them a go!

Thanks for your reply too Karl - an enhanced version of Ultra Deep Sleep sounds v interesting - I agree Pure Bliss, a different sound might be good. I like electronic sounds, but I must say that when I first listened to UDS it freaked me out a bit .... it's mostly in a minor key and sounds a bit like a track from a spooky scene in a sci-fi movie - the first couple of times I half expected an alien to come through my bedroom door! LOL. .... I am getting used to it more now though!

MM :-)

AZ Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 02:55:47 pm »
I, too, am interested in being a test subject--please count me in if needed. I agree that wind, fireside, or dare I say water  ;D , would be a great background for the enhanced UDS. I look forward to hearing more.
Sincerely and best regards,

AZ Warrior!

neozon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 02:40:14 am »
Have you done progressive relaxation techniques with the track. (Ex. Say Relax scalp and feel yourself relaxing your scalp, Then your forehead, eyes, jaw, neck, shoulders, chest, arms, stomach, hips, thighs, knees, calfs, and toes.)

Also, another technique I use is Spring Forest Qigong - Small Universe. I have trouble staying awake when I do that exercise.

Another one is Win Wenger Image Streaming Technique. Describe all the image in your mind, not aloud, just in your mind. You just describe them. Nothing else. That seems to work pretty good too.

I find I do these naturally when I listen to Level 1.  :)

Just some ideas that came to me.

lopatka

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 01:11:20 am »
yes ive been having the same experieince

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 12:28:11 pm »
So, from what I'm hearing -- are you all experiencing similar issues with this sleep session?

There is a warning in the guide that you need to relax first. If you're already agitated with this one, it won't particularly help.

dktarasong

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 06:24:58 am »
Hi, everyone,
This is esp. for Karl about the enhanced sleeping CD possible development.
I've just been in the program for a few weeks. I very much enjoy the sleep CD, but still have trouble staying asleep during the night. However that's been for many years, initially because my sleep was broken up whenever I moved following an accident affecting my neck.  Now there are some other contributing issues as well, but this is going on now for 20 years, and though I have some things that get me through the night, the sleep is not what I'd like.
So, it'd be great to have something that especially those of us who keep jumping back to various qualities of wakefulness or even hyper-alert states over night, especially if triggered by acute pain, for example. 
Of course, I do expect some improvements as I move through both programs.
Thanks very much; I am really enjoying this and looking forward to much better energy and mood stability after an extremely stressful decade or two.

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 12:20:40 pm »
I completely agree.

We have actually been working for well over a year now on a more refined collection of "sleep modules" for the Brain Salon.

These won't be released for at least another six months or so, but I will be sure to post updates as and when available.

In the meantime, there will be a Deep Sleep update over the coming month for sure, which may just help.

Although I'm not a physician, you may wish to check out the benefits of melatonin, which may assist a peaceful night's rest.

dktarasong

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Deep Sleep conundrum!, also Power Chill question
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 07:30:09 am »
Hi, I'm new to the group, and am really appreciating the CDs and downloads.
A couple of things:
1st, Melatonin comes in a continuous or sustained release form, which is better for staying asleep during the night. I can't specifically recommend it for anyone, but I am a doctor and have experience personal and otherwise with it.
2nd, I'm liking the UDS, though I have looped it for a while sometimes to continue the effect; on the other hand I don't find the Power Chill (perhaps it's partially the electron sounds?) recording to be relaxing. Does anyone else have a similar experience?
I'll be in touch periodically...
Thanks.

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 10:03:13 am »
Hello!

Yes, I would agree -- for me, time released melatonin does seem to work better on the times I need it.

Regarding the Power Chill session: we are actually working on updating several of the Brain Salon sessions over the coming weeks, and will provide full notification and free upgrades to all customers. These will take into account feedback such as your point regarding the digital-style noises.

Karl :)

Follow us on Twitter