Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Use while driving  (Read 3667 times)

Paul

• View Profile
Use while driving
« on: April 22, 2013, 12:59:03 pm »
Can you effectively use Creative spark, High Energy Espresso, Happy Pill and Razor Sharp while driving? 

Inedible

• View Profile
Re: Use while driving
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 10:58:34 pm »
Anything involving an altered state of consciousness does not mix well with driving. It is hard to measure how altered your consciousness actually is while you are in the state.

Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 12:03:18 pm »
I appreciate your response.

I agree that we can not measure the altered state of consciousness that is created and would like to add that it may be helpful to be more focused or have increased energy while driving.  Also, it could be an efficient use of your time and you could have the residual benefit once you reach your destination.

If the program were to induce drowsiness or make you want to close your eyes then you definitely could not drive with them.  My listening to High Energy Espresso and Razor Sharp did not bring about either of those conditions.   Yet, others may experience it differently.

Finally, as always, read the directions.   I just read under "Precautions & Disclaimers"  that "under no circumstances should you drive a car or operate dangerous machinery while listening to ANY session within the Brain Salon series." Now, I am curious if this is language the lawyers required or in fact a proper precaution.   Regardless, I will heed this directive.

Oh well,

Paul

Tiffany

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:13:17 am »
Hi Paul,

No, it is not just language to avoid litigation :) it is highly dangerous to listen to entrainment and operate a vehicle simply due to the relaxed state of mind that is needed for entrainment to work.  You don't know when you could slip off to sleep or just not have the focus needed that driving requires.  For entrainment to work properly you need to dedicate yourself to listening with your eyes closed. This is the only way the brain can activate the required brainwave states. Focusing on other tasks will force brainwave patterns away from the intended path.

-Tiffany

Inedible

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:23:00 am »
Sometimes I use beta, gamma, and lambda while out walking. It is nice. Sometimes I lose track of my environment and get caught up in my thoughts until some jerk does something stupid like using a horn to say hi to someone on the street. Then it seems exceptionally jarring and it spikes my pulse and I just know they did it to me on purpose.

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 02:08:45 pm »
But don't the instructions for RazorSharp say you can use it with eyes open?  And you can loop it and listen WHILE doing stuff to help maintain focus?  I thought that was part of the purpose and design?

That being said, I still do see it as a potential driving hazard.  Safe driving requires a combination of focused and peripheral attention. If you become too focused, you may lose attention to your peripheral awareness.  So while you may be less likely to drive head on into a stationary object, you may also become more likely not to see someone else doing something stupid...like a child running out to chase a ball into the road.

Best Regards,
Infinite

Tiffany

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 03:28:17 am »
Yes, as stated in the directions, you can use some of the tracks with your eyes open doing tasks like reading but not things that require attention like driving.  You're putting yourself in danger of not responding properly or becoming distracted using entrainment while driving or doing any other danger task like operating machinery.

-Tiffany

Follow us on Twitter