Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: What works, what doesn't?  (Read 5175 times)

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
What works, what doesn't?
« on: February 15, 2012, 02:00:29 pm »
Hi Gang,

What sessions of the Brain Salon really work well for you?

And which would you like to see revamped?

We've had a few individuals feedback that the Sleep session should be in a different order on the CD (which we are going to handle in the next print run). Some have also said that the Sleep session in general should be improved, as if stressed when listening, it can cause agitation. As such, we are looking toward working on a NEW version of this -- and naturally will provide full and FREE upgrades to every existing customer.

What else do you think about the Brain Salon? What do you find tough?

Karl

Claire13

• View Profile
Re: What works, what doesn't?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 02:04:56 pm »
Hi Karl,

I like the Brain Salon program a lot.  However, if you are asking what I would like to see revamped, I would say Creative Spark.

I used to be a prolific artist, but for over a year now I have been almost completely unable to produce any work.  I am still listening to this particular MP3 every day, but still had no results.  I am thinking it is because I am starting to obsess about it, hence making the block worse, so will probably lay off listening for a little while and then see what occurs.

The rest of the program works for me fine.  I use it when I don't need so great a push to get me to particular state.  When I need power, I use Nitrofocus, which works every time without fail.
Claire D. Garrard

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 02:44:14 pm »
Hi Claire,

What is preventing you from producing work?  Lack of ideas, obsessing it won't be perfect, no motivation, lack of focus?

Perhaps not "artistic", I at least used to be quite creative.  My son just recently started "coloring".  For him, it's really just scribbling at this point.  When he first started, I would pick up a crayon.  I would look at the paper.  I would think, "I have no idea what to make."  I would even look at the color of the crayon and try to think of something that was that color that I could draw and still not come up with something.  And if I did try to make something, it would totally suck.  So I just picked random things to draw and stopped worrying about them sucking.  Then I started trying to draw things my son was interested in.  Now I let him scribble, then see what I can turn his scribble into.

My guess is you are suffering from something similar.  You haven't created aything in a long enough span of time that both your creativity and skills have diminished.  Yet, you are demanding that you perform at or near your previous level.  But the truth is, you need to exercise your creativity and skills and build them back up.  Just start making art again for the fun of it and don't worry about how good it is--that part will take care of itself over time (probably about 6 months to REALLY get there).  And if you can't enjoy it, then maybe you need to reevaluate why you even want to do it in the first place.

Best Regards,
Infinite

Claire13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 10:19:53 pm »
Hey Infinite, it's all four of the reasons you mentioned.  And I'm so glad you mentioned about starting off doing something simple, such as colouring, or just drawing without worrying about whether it's a masterpiece or not, because this has happened to me before.  In fact, I didn't draw for about 15 years. However, one day I started filling in an application form for an art technician and I wanted to make it look good. I did the lettering so carefully that it started to feel like a work of art and that was what led me back into drawing, painting and making stuff.  I think colouring or lettering whilst listening to Brain Salon or Nitrofocus might sort this out.  If it does give me a result, which I think it will eventually, I will definitely be posting it on here.

Thanks so much for your useful reply.  8)
Claire D. Garrard

Follow us on Twitter