Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Adult beverages while listening??  (Read 2967 times)

scrotor

• View Profile
Adult beverages while listening??
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:31:19 pm »
Just wondering if I should be indulging in adult beverages while listening....not getting cocked, just a brewski or two...

I noticed y'all like your coffee and tea ;)

Inedible

• View Profile
Re: Adult beverages while listening??
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:51:24 pm »
Although I can't actually suggest it, and a lot of experts would tell you not to do it, I have used entrainment while under the influence of significantly more than one or two drinks.  ;D

Just remember that you won't be getting the full benefits, because your body and mind are going to be busy dealing with the alcohol and the resulting dehydration. It counts far before you reach the point of feeling thirsty.

When you use your BrainEv CDs, you'll get a better experience and more long term growth if you instead do things to stack the deck in your favor. Regular exercise, plenty of sleep, good nutrition, and the support of friends and family.

demistify

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 08:38:26 pm »
Hmm... interesting - I have never actually thought of this.

How about energy drinks?

Not that I drink anything but water and herb tea but just curious what the results would be.

Inedible

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 12:29:09 am »
Energy drinks are great if you are well rested and want to do chi kung, but they make it a bit of a challenge to relax and go with entrainment. If you are drained to begin with and you need to concentrate, they can help meditate and use energy. If you absolutely need to sleep, they just make you more uncomfortable and you will probably crash if you listen to theta.

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 08:02:23 pm »
Wow, what a fantastic question! :)

I would suggest not drinking any alcohol before beginning any of the BrainEv programs.

If you're doing it to relax, remember that the program will quickly take you into a relaxed state regardless.

But, the one thing I always try to emphasize on this forum is the concept that "it's all good"... and what suits you, suits you. So if you find a glass of ros?? wine before getting started really helps you... then stick with it.

Find out what's good for you, and stick with it!

Karlos

nkkie123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 06:31:53 am »
i think you would get better results if you drink acai berry..or other drinks that will make you more healthier than drinking hard drinks.

Inedible

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 06:40:11 am »
Rockstar has a variety with acai in it. It is supposed to have more caffeine than regular Rockstar. The taste took a little getting used to.

demistify

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 09:03:46 am »
I'm really not a fan of anything mass produced and I really don't see a point in drinking all these exotic beverages when pure water is a bliss :)

Gnosis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 04:14:02 pm »
Don't mean to be a party pooper but me personally, I think your risking your mental health if you choose to intoxicate yourself before you decide to delve deep into meditation. The mind is very powerful labyrinth which can take you places where your unprepared for, if your not careful. It is nothing to be abused or messed around with, especially when exploring altered states of consciousness. I would strongly advise against messing around with any drug  at the same time of doing deep meditation, both for your health and your sanity
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:16:30 pm by Gnosis »

demistify

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 10:07:17 pm »
I strongly agree with Gnosis... although on the other hand tribal people used certain drugs to get into sort of a trance.

Gnosis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 10:32:44 pm »
I strongly agree with Gnosis... although on the other hand tribal people used certain drugs to get into sort of a trance.

Absolutely spot on. i should have emphasised that point, that certainly hallucinogens/psychedelic are compatible with meditation and spiritual exploration. But in those instances you have to have a specific purpose and intent as well as respect for the plant drug that you intend on taking. Party cocktails and narcotics are not to be messed around with when doing any kind of meditation work.

nkkie123

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 02:29:41 am »
yes, because the meditation will forfeit its purpose it people will just use drugs (even simple ones) during the process of meditation. especially when they over use or over drink those drugs.

Follow us on Twitter