Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Falling asleep during the audio  (Read 894 times)

BasV

• View Profile
Falling asleep during the audio
« on: January 07, 2015, 09:20:35 pm »
Hi,

I read in a different thread that it could be difficult to sleep after listening in the evening. I have the opposite effect. When I put on the audio, I fall asleep after a couple of minutes, then wake up later, realizing the audio is done. I also have this when not listening to any audio (I also use binaural apps), even when not using any audio.
I find it very hard to listen at another time of the day, because of my fulltime job, study and raising the kids.

Must you be awake throughout the whole audio (I read about keeping a log of experiences during the audio etc) ?

Cheers,
Bas.

Infinite

• View Profile
Re: Falling asleep during the audio
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:11:53 pm »
If you find yourself waking just as the track is ending, or just after, your brain was likely still following the entrainment.  In that case, you were probably not actually sleeping, but instead in a deep state of meditation.  You do not need to stay awake/aware in that case.  However, it is probably preferential.

If you find yourself waking long after the track is done, then who knows?  I've heard claims that the time is wasted, and I've heard claims that it still works.  I personally listened at bedtime and often fell asleep and feel I still got good results, so I lean towards the "it still works" camp.  I believe there was a recent study (not related to entrainment) that showed the brain is still active and responsive to outside noise while we are sleeping (which is why you may wake up when someone calls your name, yet remain asleep despite other "noise").  I think this also lends towards the idea it still works.  Despite my thoughts and the way I used the program, it is probably preferential to remain "aware" and learn how to bring those subconscious thoughts/feelings into the conscious more deliberately.

However, having similar life challenges as you, as I said, I feel I still got good results listening at bedtime and often drifting off to sleep.

Best Regards,
Infinite

Follow us on Twitter