Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Question about listening while doing other activities...  (Read 2592 times)

scrotor

• View Profile
Question about listening while doing other activities...
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:23:52 pm »
Do you need to be sitting and trying to relax and whatnot, or can you be doing other things, say like, I dunno, posting to a forum for instance, while listening to the levels?  Do you need to be actively listening, or can it be like a background thing while you maybe read or something...

I have been doing both, ( relaxing and doing stuff ) but it is still only a couple days in on level 1...

I have been going through a tough time emotionally lately, and this does seem to help...especially during times of sadness...   have even used it while driving ( bet that ain't recommended  :o )  so I could get through my day...

Just wondering on others thoughts....   thanks

Inedible

• View Profile
Re: Question about listening while doing other activities...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 12:20:36 am »
While you are doing other activites such as driving, I would definitely not advise listening to an MP3 or CD that is designed to alter your state of consciousness. There are, however, things that you can do. I have a technique I learned based on using the breathing and it is simple enough that it works for me when nothing else seems to. When you breathe in think to yourself "accepting" and imagine that the things you need more in that moment are being carried in with your breath. When you breathe out think "releasing" and imagine that things like stress and negative emotions and thoughts are being carried out with the air. It actually took me about two years to get the technique to work, but I tried it again when I needed it most and it started working for me. The technique seemed to be in that "too good to be true" category, but it really can work if you let it. The more you need it the better it works.

demistify

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 08:39:26 pm »
I've heard Karl say that it'll work either way - but the benefits of fully relaxing and letting go of any focus are much greater...

nkkie123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 02:33:50 am »
for me, i would suggest to do meditation when you are free (have nothing to do very important). It is needed that you have to give time (whole time) just to meditate so that you can clearly see the results

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 06:22:17 am »
Oh, the Western temptation to multi-task rears its head once more :) hehe!

I totally sympathize. I always want to do a million things at once.

Personally, I'd say that - if you can - just take the time out and dedicate it solely to BrainEv.

Try waking up a half-hour earlier and listening to the program, so you don't notice the "missing time."

As you're already pretty tired at that point, you'll be more relaxed, and you'll find that time passes quicker. You may also feel as though you're "wasting less time."

But in general... try to just RELAX when using BrainEv. Don't do anythng else. Taking that time out for yourself each day is an integral part of the system, and incurs benefits you may never have realized.

When else do you take time out each day just to relax and be with you?

Think about it!

Ta - Karlos :)

becominglucid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 05:02:49 pm »
personally the early morning routine has worked the best for me.. its like breakfast.  Don't skip breakfast.  Lol!  I used to listen to it before bed.. but even though i was relaxed i found the dip and rise in b waves was enough to give me a bit of a second wind that it I sometimes cant sleep.  Listening to it in the morning however has allowed me to relax and prepare for the day ahead of me. 

Stella

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 01:29:04 am »
I don't do anythiing else while using the system. BrainEv is my time in my very busy life and no one can touch me, talk to me, neither I would dream of doing anything else. I relax, enjoy my 30 minutes and am truly grateful every day for my own space, even if only 30 minutes.
Looking forward to my 30 minutes tonight.  ::)

Cheers!

Stella

nkkie123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 05:54:40 am »
good to hear that Stella. Im sure you will be getting very good results to this.

Follow us on Twitter