Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: My step back  (Read 4835 times)

JayPimpers

• View Profile
Re: My step back
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 01:34:29 am »
Dreamer,
Do you suffer from any kind of mental illness?

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 03:09:17 am »
Hello Dreamer,

It's been quite a while since you've posted.  I hope all is well with you.  Perhaps you will never get to reading this, but I hope someday you will, just to know that your absense has been noted, you have been thought of, and I have wished you well.

Best Regards,
Infinite

expandedme

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 03:14:04 am »
Hello Dreamer,

It's been quite a while since you've posted.  I hope all is well with you.  Perhaps you will never get to reading this, but I hope someday you will, just to know that your absense has been noted, you have been thought of, and I have wished you well.

Best Regards,
Infinite

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 12:51:21 pm »
I apologize for my long absence. The explanation is more in my other thread so I shan't repeat it here.

JayPimpers; yes I have several mental disorders I deal with daily, along with an adult daughter and son, both living with me who have their own and my live-in boyfriend who has his own as well. We put the FUN in dysfunctional. Actually, the fact that everyone seemed to be getting on each others nerves during the summer was a major stress all around.

Trying to get my feet back under me. I don't remember who said it but I am keeping in mind; The important thing in life is not how often you fall down. It's how often you get back up.

Dreamer
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 03:30:14 pm »
No apology needed.  Your absence just seemed sudden and had the feeling of "something's wrong."

Falling down is just a part of the journey towards growth and success.  When we become consumed by our failures, it is a sure sign we are trying to do too much, too fast, which is the real problem, not the failure.  This leads us to want to give up and quit.  Our society says it is bad to do this ("Winners never quit, quitters never win.")  But the impulse is correct, if not the perspective.  Because the truth is, we do need to cut back somewhere, so that we can have the resources to handle our dissapointments and press on.  The important thing is to just realize you have taken on too much, and to determine where your priorities are so that you cut out the right things, rather than randomly cutting whatever was the latest thing to bring your frustrations to a boil. 

It seems like this is what you did with laying off BrainEv and the forum for the summer.  To that, I say, "Well, done."

Best Regards,
Infinite

Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 12:00:14 pm »
Thank you for your welcome back.
Yes, I was trying to fit too many things into my day and Brain Ev was put into the "set aside" basket. I just didn't think it would take so long to get back.
I think I am still trying to do too much every day, but I want to do a more careful evaluation of my projects to see what will be set aside. I've purchased so many programs over the years, and I know I can't do them all at once, but I am finding four at once is still too much. Choosing becomes difficult when I seem to be gaining benefits from all of them.
Dreamer

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 04:37:52 pm »
Well, if it were me, I would go with two programs.  Finish what you are doing with BrainEv, and choose something else.  I can say that because, well, it is me.  I find BrainEv helps with the awareness to let something else work.  And since it's primarilly passive and requires no direct thought on it's own, you don't have to worry about thinking about too many things at once so can really concentrate on that one other thing you are doing.

My second program is "CrackYourEgg" which, similar to you, I set aside over the summer.  Just restarting that one now.

Plus, BrainEv has a more or less known timeframe.  For me, that helps put other things aside, because I have a rough idea of when I will free up more time/energy to pick them up (I will move on to CoreEnergy Meditation -- I could use the heart Chakra work).

Okay, I lied.  I'm doing three programs.  But one is an exercise program that is only taking me 5 minutes a day.

And the only one I make sure I do every day is BrainEv (okay, 6 days a week), because worst case, I can pop the headphones on as a jump in bed at night.

Best Regards,
Infinite

Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 02:35:13 pm »
Thanks for the advice, Infinity.

Right now I am back into Brain Ev. Doing a level per week for levels 1 through 5 and then finishing off with a full month of Level 6 as that was really the only level I hadn't done when things snowballed on me over the summer. Partner's son has moved to North Dakota to share a house with an old friend. The friend has told him that finding a job will be easier out there and the jobs pay better as well. Just getting the son out of town will help as his baby-momma has been jerking his chain since spring. First she says he can have the children for the weekend and when he goes to pick them up says he can't see them at all.

I have also started a Luminosity brain training program, the free version. Am seriously considering an upgrade when I can afford it.

My third activity is I am in a year-long membership at Wild Divine, so I am trying to spend time there everyday. My time there is pretty scattered around the map so it is probably not doing me much good. But it is nice to have something that gives me visual feedback on my mental state, or as close to it as I can get with the iom hardware I own. It has three finger sensors that monitor skin moisture, heart beat and something else.

Crack You Egg will begin with the end of Brain Ev, as both of my other programs are on-going things with no definite end point. I also have a library full of books to go through. One title that mocks me every time I see it is 'Excuse me, You Life is Waiting.'

I have a reduced schedule at work to have more time to spend getting my house in order. It has been close to a year and projects that should have been finished last March are still barely started. The plan was to finish the basement, but it just ran into one delay after another, which means that basically the entire house is still full of boxes as one cannot put things away when there is no away to put them. But, the reduced schedule will end at the end of the month jumping straight into holiday hours. Here is to not getting overwhelmed.
Dreamer

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 05:45:30 pm »
So incase an "outside looking in" perspective would help, if things pick up and become overwhelming, I would prioritize like this:

If nothing else, do your BrainEv every day until you finish level 6.

I would prioritize Wild Divine over Luminosity.  One, you're paying for that whereas Luminosity is currently free.  Two, see number one.  Make sure you are getting your money's worth.  If for nothing else, to figure out if it's really worth renewing when your one year membership expires.

I would not start something new like Crack Your Egg until you are either putting in enough time with Wild Divine on a regular basis to get the most out of it, or until you decide to stop Wild Divine  If it's not valuable enough to wait on or put other things aside for, then quit Wild Divine and find something that IS that valuable.  You've only got so much time.  Don't waste it on low value pursuits.  You could always pick it up another time.

A tip from "Crack Your Egg":  Once you DO start doing Wild Divine on a regular basis and it becomes an ingrained HABIT, it frees up the energy you had to put into making sure you do it.  THEN you'll have the energy to pick up something else.  Of course, time is a different thing, which is where you'll have to decide if it is really worth your time and money to continue.

I'd only spend about 15 minutes per day on Luminosity.  Should be enough to push your brain to make adaptive changes to whatever training you are doing.  30 minutes max.
You can also get some free "brain training" exercises at www.BrainHQ.com.  Every once in a while, they temporarily "unlock" the locked levels for free users as well.

Best Regards,
Infinite

Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 08:43:41 pm »
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will certainly follow them as they make a LOT of sense to me.

Dreamer

JayPimpers

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 01:03:27 am »
All the best to you.
I also suffer from mental disorders as well.

Follow us on Twitter