Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: A Graduate Review: Six Months with Brain Ev  (Read 17665 times)

Etayla

• View Profile
A Graduate Review: Six Months with Brain Ev
« on: March 28, 2011, 11:13:54 am »
Well, within a few days I will "Graduate" after a diligent and dedicated six months with Brain Evolution. I'd been privileged to try out Level 7 in the prelaunch days, and I was so impressed I decided to do the whole six months. As Karl Moore told me, Graduates of the Brain Ev system get much more out of Level 7 than someone who comes to it with the brain unused to its power. If you want to read what this has done for me, skip to the end of this post.

I set aside 30 minutes each day and resolved not to miss a session. Every day at six o'clock, I put my favourite listening arm chair near the fire, put on my favourite headphones, closed my eyes and just opened my mind to the experience. Level One puzzled me - all I could hear was water! The help desk put me right on this - the sounds were there to provide a pleasant background while the brain entrainment tracks did their work almost inaudibly. I found L1 very relaxing, and read up quite a bit on meditation to accompany this session. I found concentrating on breathing using yogic techniques worked well; I started with breathing in to a count of five and out to a ten count, progressing to ten in and twenty out. The effect was very tranquil and I finished each session very relaxed.

I wont review each level here - I might make some more posts in future. Level 2 was a bit of a slog at the beginning with its intrusive bells and gongs, but after a few days I learned to ignore the distractions, which is of course the objective. Again meditative techniques of visualisation worked well, in conjunction with yoga breathing. By the end of Level 3 I was sleeping very well indeed, and some of my dreams were epic! So far, I hadn't experienced any of the anxiety some have reported but there was no doubt in my mind that things were getting a mental work out, or shake up - in ways I couldnt really comprehend. I have to say though that some of things I thought I'd dealt with in life - disappointments, bereavements - the heavy stuff - did surface once more to occupy my mind and to that extent I would say that during the first three months, one should be prepared for some possibly troubling thoughts to come bubbling up from the surface, and to have someone on hand to share those with. Better out than in, perhaps; once more I have come to terms with those issues, and feel confident that this time, I've done so in a way which works for me.

Michael Kelly describes Level 4 as a 'reward' for the investment in time to date and getting through level 3. And I definately found it so, with its rich soundscapes. I reached a meditative plateau with ease, and often felt the session had lasted just a few minutes when the entrainment frequencies brought me gently back to a wakeful state. On occasion I knew I had fallen in a light sleep; at other times I just felt terrific throughout and afterwards. The troubling thoughts were a thing of the past, and my wife and daughters were already remarking on how much calmer and relaxed I had had become.

I was sad to see the end of Level 4 but eager to move on. Level 5 was just as intriguing  and if possible, even more indulgent and luxurious. Level 5 arrives at the deepest levels of delta waves in the program, and getting into a relaxed, meditative and tranquil state came naturally. I was sorry when each session ended and the month was over, and Level 5 will always be a favourite with me.   

Level 6 - Fusion - brought it all together, with moments presented from each of the preceding five levels, with complex soundscapes and the transition between entrainment sequences marked by whooshing synths and the ever-present natural  sounds providing the backdrop for an incredible series of levels of awareness, from a relaxed but wakeful and alert state to one of near sleep in the middle. Fusion is an awesome artistic and scientific achievement, to my mind.

And so, within a week, I shall be a graduate of Brain Evolution. I have enjoyed every moment of it, and have always looked forward to my daily half hour session as a wonderful opportunity to "be nice to myself" and improve my mental capabilities.

Looking back, I realise that for some months now I have been sleeping very well indeed; sometimes the sheets are hardly ruckled! And to my delight, I wake early and refreshed without an alarm. I just seem ready for the day, alert and rarin to go. Just what I wanted, because as a full time online marketer my days are long and full, and quite demanding on a wide range of activities.

During the day, I feel relaxed and calm; I used to hold my tension in my shoulders, (and worked on relaxing them in all the sessions). Now, the tension is no longer there. These are major physical benefits that I really appreciate. But where I am truly over the moon is in the increase in some areas of my mental capabilities. I've realised that concentrating on a task in hand has become almost effortless, whereas before I would lose concentration easily, giving in to distractions and acting on impulse. I guess that made Level 3 worth the early slog! This really is a terrific gain for me.

I realised as early as level four that listening to music had become far more immersive and involving. The moment came during listening (on headphones) to my favourite recording of Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No 3, played by the virtuoso Martha Argerich. As I listened, I realised that I was hearing so much more; the torrent of notes she was thundering out had more definition; I could hear the relationships between the notes and chords with so much more insight, appreciation and clarity. Wonderful.

And finally, at long last my reading speed is on the up and up. I've read many books on speed reading, and have some sophisticated on-screen training programs too. But none of them have done for me what Brain Ev has delivered. I'm powering through a range of books on my favourite topics with ease - all non fiction, and sometimes quite heavy going and thought provoking.  Some of them I'd started and put to one side as too demanding; I've finished most of them now, and there are many more waiting.

I've been thinking about the last six months with BrainEv, and aside from the physical and mental benefits noted above, it's not easy to describe how I feel about the process. But as I write this, I realise that perhaps the entrainment has worked just as it is designed to, by eliminating the spikes and chaos in everyday untrained mental activity, leaving the brain more finely tuned. As a concept, this is nicely illustrated in the 3d rendering diagrams on the BrainEv site. I read recently that if it were possible to network ALL the computing power in the world into one supercomputer, it would just about have the capacity of one single human brain. Not the intellect, awareness, conciousness and creativity mind you - just the capacity. It makes so much sense to give our awesome minds a tune up if we can. Brain EV is a brain gym and workout indeed. Thank you, Brain EV Team.

I'm about to start on Level 7, Evolution, and I cant wait. When I first evaluated it, six months ago, after just a few sessions I could use it for proactive problem solving or for relaxation and meditation with ease. I have no doubt that with the brain entrainment I've experienced, it's going to be even more impressive, and I'll post my views in a month or so.

Best wishes to all Brain EV students, whatever level you are at.

Peter Murphy.
London, England

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:13:14 pm by Etayla »

veronique

• View Profile
Re: A Graduate Review: Six Months with Brain Ev
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 03:29:34 pm »
Awesome!

Etayla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 03:37:33 pm »
I just read all the posts on this board; some go back to 2010, but all seem to report some significant and appreciable differences. I'd like to see some of these older posts updated - how do users who posted in 2010 feel some months afterwards? Veronique, didnt you start the course over again a while back after experiencing a bit of a regression, and note that just revisiting level one was a great refresher?

The other area where I'd like to see comment from graduates is what do they/we/you do after the six months? Is the regime maintained, or does the regime just drift away? Do we try other products to expand what we've learned and gained? Do the benefits hold up without routine maintenance? In other words, after our brain states have been tuned up, do they regress?

And does anyone have Michael Kelly's abilities to switch on a brain state "at will"?

Let's keep the forum going to share experiences and developments.

Peter

Tiffany

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 03:03:19 pm »
Fantastic Peter, thank you!

-Tiffany

veronique

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 05:51:34 pm »
Hi Peter,

yes I did resit the program. Well I'm on level 6 now.
I didn't do the routine maintenance thing which was a bad idea since a felt a regression as you said. I started to feel good again after only a few days on level one though. So I would say the benefits were not lost altogether but the maintenance seems necessary, at least for me. The results I've got the second time round were not as dramatic as the first time but I feel that the changes might be deeper too. I will do level 7 this time and then I will definitely stick to some kind of routine maintenance.

I still don't think I can change my brain state at will though. But I'm happy to be where I am now and I'm happy to work with other tools too. I certainly feel greatly 'expanded' :)

Till later

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:58:48 am »
Brilliant, thanks for sharing Peter and Veronique :)

I would add that I've used the Brain Evolution System now for many years -- in fact, since its launch back in 2006. I've used it for six months flat, then a cold stop. I've used it with maintenance, without maintenance, the whole works!

I would simply say this...

Without a shadow of a doubt, BrainEv *expands* your mind -- as Veronique says.

Both short and longer term, it dramatically helps to relieve the amount of stress you feel. It helps you easily handle overload. It makes you happier. It increases your mental capacity. It speeds up your thinking. And it generally helps you get into "The Zone" quicker, and on-demand.

I've sat it just one part of the course, then stopped. I've sat the full course with no maintenance. And I've sat the entire course again, WITH maintenance. I would say that maintenance (and the new Level 7) definitely help go-forward, but it's not necessary for everyone. The time commitment with maintenance is absolutely minimal.

For best results, and continued improvement of the benefits above, I'd suggest sitting the main course, then light maintenance, sprinkled with Level 7 use. Time required - a relaxing couple of hours a month, tops, for a super-fit brain.

In terms of longer-term experience with BrainEv, I would say that it really is the only brainwave meditation product I've ever used that genuinely works (I was a user before helping out here) -- and where you can see the benefits continuing through the years. This beats the socks off all the other stuff out there.

Hope this helps a little :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:51:09 am by Karl »

Etayla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 10:08:15 am »
Thanks for sharing Karl. I wanted to add further experiences since my last post that emerged. I definately have a much higher sense of empowerment. I've always been a positive person, but this is different. The feeling comes welling up from within, bringing with it far sharper insight into my thoughts, and a greater sense of my own abilities.

I feel so much more naturally confident, and it really is quite exciting to have this new power. Definately a spring cleaned, tuned up mind. As Socrates said: knowledge comes from within. And it seems far easier to access now.

This course has gone very well with Bob Proctor's Six Minutes to Success which I've been following for almost a year now. It's a daily series of short videos and tasks  each dealing with a particular facet of success and achievement, personal growth and development, in business and in life. The content is drawn from his 30 years of study in this field. If any forum members would like to get watch a free video which is very very good, and sign up for three more free videos, it can be seen in the link below.

www.etayla.com/>/Sixminutestosuccess1

Best wishes

Peter
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:13:49 am by Etayla »

Follow us on Twitter