Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Skin/Muscles twitching during session  (Read 490 times)

clockw0rk

• View Profile
Skin/Muscles twitching during session
« on: February 14, 2016, 11:19:26 pm »
What does it mean when your skin and/or muscles "twitch" during a session?

Today, the skin on the right side of my head, near my right ear kept twitching while listening to Transcendence.. It was a bit distracting.

Inedible

• View Profile
Re: Skin/Muscles twitching during session
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 02:15:17 am »
There are all sorts of unusual side effects that can happen with meditation. If you hadn't been meditating I would say that it sounds like a stress response. In meditation it sounds more like a response to gradually releasing a level of tension and having a slipping back attempt to hold on to it. It is not a choice; it is instinctive to resist change. Your body has to be trained as much as your mind in meditation. That's why it is often combined with physical exercises as in Yoga, Tai Chi, and Chi Kung. Tibetan Buddhism also has its own sets of physical exercises. Going out for regular walks - 20 to 30 minutes, 3 to 5 times per week - is a more western approach.

Infinite

• View Profile
Re: Skin/Muscles twitching during session
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 02:14:55 am »
One theory is that the mind/body is working on removing a "blockage" of "stuck" energy.  Ie. you had some negative thoughts/feelings that you couldn't handle/process so you "stored" that energy in a particular place, now you are working it out and releasing it.

Follow us on Twitter