Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: trial of nitrofocus  (Read 5000 times)

Syslibrarian

• View Profile
trial of nitrofocus
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:26:35 pm »
is it supposed to sound very percussion or is the streaming not working correctly?  It sounds like a drum, or vibration.  Can someone let me know if this is correct?

Tiffany

• View Profile
Re: trial of nitrofocus
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 04:33:39 pm »
Yes, that is correct.  It is a pulsing sound.

-Tiffany

Claire13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 11:55:33 am »
How much is Nitrofocus?  SWReg say it costs $97 a week, which makes it $5,044.  If someone would tell me exactly how much the program is, then I'll get it, it's amazing  8)
Claire D. Garrard

Syslibrarian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 02:39:11 pm »
Another question - the download has "glitchy" spots in it.  static spots that interrupt the "beat". Is this supposed to be the case?   

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 09:06:47 am »
Hi there!

Thanks for your message :)

It definitely doesn't cost $97 a week!! This was a glitch with the SWREG report email for a few days, I believe.

It's free for the first week, then one final payment of $97. Nothing else. I'm glad you're liking it Claire, and hope this answers your question! :)

Syslibrarian: The "glitchy" spots. Which session are these in? The sounds *do* sound a little strange, beaty, pulsing, to someone not used to brainwave entrainment. This is perfectly normal. There should be any actual stops in the audio though.

Thanks!

Karl :)

Belinda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 02:12:30 pm »
I just signed up for nitro focus and can't get the MP3 to download to iPad or iPhone.

Inedible

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 02:22:01 am »
It helps to download it to your hard drive first and then transfer it to your portable device.

I have it on my MP3 player, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. It would be nice to know what it entrains to. Could it be beta SMR? As in something like 12-40 Hz? Or is it gamma at 40 Hz? Or Lambda at something like 200 Hz? Another frequency entirely? Does it ramp up and then ramp back down for the purpose of looping - which the instructions say to do - or is it a single frequency throughout?

Belinda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 12:23:00 am »
Thank you,Inedible.  I appreciate your quick response!

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 11:48:27 pm »
@Inedible -- You ask some brilliant questions!

As for the frequencies, here's the official user guide:

http://www.nitrofocus.com/userguide

It lists all of the frequencies for each session. The demo is just a cut-down version of Nitrofocus Classic.

Claire13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 05:55:39 am »
Would it be possible for someone to explain frequencies in complete layman's terms?  I have a very vague idea, but if I'm completely honest, it is just a word to me.  What is the difference between brainwaves and frequencies, for instance?  And what are Hertz?  I know this is a measurement, but of what?  I would be so grateful if someone could explain to me very simply.  I have always had a problem with numbers, weights, measurements and directions.  Not just a problem, quite honestly, I have muddled my way through life without any mathematical ability at all, though I am listening to Focus Gym and Analytical Builder and did actually add up ??1.39 plus ??1.39 in my head a few days back and got it right ha ha!  It has always felt like half my brain is missing.  That's why I need frequencies explained in very simple terms if anyone can. :-[ :'(
Claire D. Garrard

Inedible

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 08:15:16 am »
Sure. Picture a straight line, going from left to right. A wave starts out going up from the line, and back down below the line. Then it goes up to the line. That's a full cycle. A frequency is the number of cycles you have every second. A wavelength is the distance down the line it travels during a cycle. I think middle C is 440 Hz. Hz is Hertz, or cycles per second. Amplitude is how far up or down the wave goes from the straight line. This determines how loud the sound is.

Brainwaves are measured at the scalp. It is still cycles per second, or Hz, even though it isn't about sound or light because it is still waves. The signal from the brain is measured in microvolts. There are different ranges of frequencies. Alpha was discovered first because it tends to have a higher amplitude - a louder signal - and the earliest EEG devices were not very sensitive. Beta was next. We spend most of our time in beta.

A binaural is a combination of pure tones, different from each other. One tone goes in one ear and the other tone goes in the other ear. They must be kept separate, which is why headphones are required. If you put 100 Hz in one ear and 112 Hz in the other ear, the 100 Hz is the carrier frequency because it is the lower frequency. The difference is 12 Hz, which is a frequency in the beta range. 100 and 112 Hz is just an example. The carrier frequency can be higher or lower.

Claire13

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 08:25:26 am »
Thank you Inedible.  I have a condition known as dyscalculia.  It makes anything of this nature extremely difficult.  Your first paragraph is very visual and I understand.  I am very grateful to you.
Claire D. Garrard

Tiffany

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 02:10:40 pm »
Sure. Picture a straight line, going from left to right. A wave starts out going up from the line, and back down below the line. Then it goes up to the line. That's a full cycle. A frequency is the number of cycles you have every second. A wavelength is the distance down the line it travels during a cycle. I think middle C is 440 Hz. Hz is Hertz, or cycles per second. Amplitude is how far up or down the wave goes from the straight line. This determines how loud the sound is.

Brainwaves are measured at the scalp. It is still cycles per second, or Hz, even though it isn't about sound or light because it is still waves. The signal from the brain is measured in microvolts. There are different ranges of frequencies. Alpha was discovered first because it tends to have a higher amplitude - a louder signal - and the earliest EEG devices were not very sensitive. Beta was next. We spend most of our time in beta.

A binaural is a combination of pure tones, different from each other. One tone goes in one ear and the other tone goes in the other ear. They must be kept separate, which is why headphones are required. If you put 100 Hz in one ear and 112 Hz in the other ear, the 100 Hz is the carrier frequency because it is the lower frequency. The difference is 12 Hz, which is a frequency in the beta range. 100 and 112 Hz is just an example. The carrier frequency can be higher or lower.

This is an awesome explanation.  I may steal this for other customers that are having trouble understanding as well :)

-Tiffany

Julian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 01:20:12 am »
Hi all!
I just started my trial for Nitrofocus!
On my quest in my research to better my brain power, and looking into nootropics, and other brain enhancing "things" as well as knowledge I came across this website which had this ad that caught my attention, it took me to the Nitrofocus page for the trial, after reading the page and what the mp3 could do I completely (excuse my excitement and language) sh*t myself (not literally, lol) but productivity, motivation ect,. is seriously what I have been after for some time.

I had to question the legitimacy of the product, and as soon as I clicked on the Aspire3 link, and ended up here i was like, you got to be kidding BrainEv, (I own Brainev btw ;) so my trust in the product and the possible results are confirmed legit!
I went ahead and am doing the trial, need to start listening to the Mp3 as I just got done downloading it, Im so excited!!

Nitrofocus is perfect for me as with my freetime with my hobbies, I am very busy with code, scripts, websites, and the like as well as research for alot of stuff in this community Im a part of, considering the number of projects I seem to take on, its imperative for me to keep on top of them or I lose my productivity for the community, which no one is really keeping tabs on but its not fair if you are a source for something and you dont keep up on it.

I am using this thread btw as it already has a title I was going to use when i posted, and being used to forums, I have a understanding about rules, considering im a moderator/admin myself for one, and i understand that this thread is 120 days old, but i will post my results here to share.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:39:40 am by Julian »

Tiffany

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 07:05:12 pm »
Hi Julian,

Welcome to the forum :)  Posting here is fine!  Thanks for the feedback.  I'd love to hear your thoughts as you get into Nitrofocus.

-Tiffany

Follow us on Twitter