Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: After BrainEv  (Read 4788 times)

JeffH

• View Profile
After BrainEv
« on: April 24, 2010, 03:38:53 pm »
I was wondering about how to go about finishing Holosync after completing BrainEv-including Level 7-as I've purchased the complete Holosync course and I'd like to "get my money's worth" so to speak.

I'm only in my first week of Infinity and very pleased with growth progress so far and excited about the future unfolding. I'll redo BrainEv again after I've completed the six months per the instructions, probably taking six weeks to complete plus time for Level 7 as desired. I'm mostly curious whether anyone here has gone back to completing Holosync after finishing (does one ever really finish?) BrainEv? How are the two integrated? Is the instruction to not mix methods only for the initial time of listening? Does anyone have experience with this? I can imagine that I'll go through the Holosync levels at a quicker pace than I was before; I did them at the recommended intervals but did find myself getting impatient to move on before the six months or so between levels were up and I imagine this will be more pronounced after going through BrainEv.

I really never experienced overwhelm with Holosync so maybe I should have pushed myself more and gone through the levels faster? The programs are different in their methods but I'm not really sure how except that BrainEv seems to be much more holistic in it's approach which I greatly appreciate.

Any comments appreciated

Jeff

Inedible

• View Profile
Re: After BrainEv
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 07:23:11 pm »
Completing even one level of holosync, especially giving it the amount of time it suggests for each level, gives you a momentum that carries on after you stop listening to it. Unless you get stuck in some way, your threshold continues to increase. I have finished holosync and I can tell you it definitely feels like thirty minutes of BrainEv gets more done than an hour of holosync, and you are talking about spending almost 8 months listening to BrainEv before going back to holosync. For both reasons it seems likely to me that you will not get much from the next level you are planning to return to. You may want to skip a level entirely. It is possible you may have to keep trying levels to see how they impact you until you feel you are on a CD that actually does seem to be pushing you forward. There was a distinct feeling of pressure I felt from using holosync, and I listened with the goal of making sure I was constantly over the edge of overwhelm. The biggest complaint I had with holosync was that the program is designed to take 10 to 12 years. If you just spend a decade living your life, the amount of mental and emotional growth just from growing up during that time should be significant in itself - so how do you know what actually came from holosync and what you accomplished on your own? Do you have all your CDs from Centerpointe? You can mix short term programs using entrainment into your BrainEv schedule. Suppose one day per week instead of using BrainEv - you can take off one day per week the way it is scheduled - you were to listen to Flowering Level 4's 0.3 Hz Immersion CD. When Bill Harris had a retreat, he would have people listen to a far deeper carrier wave than they would listen to for their day-to-day use of holosync. It was under retreat settings and people's needs were generally taken care of as much as possible, so you could describe it as a low stress setting. That was what made it possible to use the lower carrier frequency binaurals without excessive overwhelm. Actually, I don't know why I never thought to suggest this earlier: skip ahead on your holosync, and just use it on your days off on the BrainEv schedule. Use holosync as a short term program to supplement your work with BrainEv. If it works out well, it could even be put into the actual instructions for BrainEv for holosync people.

abc.27312

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 09:54:36 pm »
Both of you have raised an important issue. What does a person do after completion of BrainEv (or Holosync, or any other brain entrainment system)? If a person just sees brain entrainment as a form of brain gym then there is, logically, no further need to ever meditate again. Brain entrainment is just something to get through so you raise your coping threshold to be able to weather whatever life throws up at you. I am not sure that anyone actually believes this, although there may be some who do.

Much depends on a person's motivation for meditating in the first place. We each approach this from our own individual circumstances and general background. To disclose my own. I see meditation as a form of prayer, something that is part of my daily life. Also I see this as a sort of 12 Steps program so that I become the person that I would ideally like to be, loving, caring, responsible etc etc , not just obeying the rules but actively engaged in creating a better world, or at least the part of the world that I live in.

I have reached Holosync Flowering Level 1 after nearly 10 years. Initially I  began HS to relieve the anxiety of work pressures, and continued in more recent times to cope with family issues and impending retirement. I came across Brainev and was curious enough to purchase it after the free trial. It was so cheap compared to HS.

BrainEv is definitely powerful. Compared with HS, BrainEv is a forced march. That is fine so long as a person is emotionally stable to begin with. Correct me if I am mistaken, but there is no equivalent support for those who experience overwhelm, or who discover blocks in their progress towards maturity. As far as I know, it is up to everyone to raise issues in this blog, if they run into difficulties. Is there a place for individual counselling if a person feels unable to broach concerns which he or she finds too difficult to air in public?

Does BrainEv plan to provide some kind of supporting information to explain concepts such as thresholds, resistance, overwhelm and observer, or are (ex) HS users to fill that void on this blog? No one wants anyone to be worse off because a vulnerable person uses it without any guidance or support.

For my part, I intend to get my moneys worth by completing all levels of HoloSync when I complete BrainEv. If I can afford it I would like to attend one of Bill's retreats also.

I realise some of what I have written is controversial, but I do it to stimulate thought on this important issue.

Peace and joy to all,

Francis.   

JeffH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 06:29:53 pm »
Thanks very much for the insights, it helped to clarify my thinking. Just 3 levels into BrainEv and I can feel and see changes in my behavior.

I started to see BrainEv as plowing a garden to ready for planting and Holosync as digging a deep well to water it with. The seeds we plant we bring ourselves. Meditation has been a part of my life for longer than either HS or BrainEv and will continue to be a part till the end. I look at meditation as a way of life rather than a thing to do for a while and then move on. HS and BrainEv are tools to complement and further my meditation.

I do see this forum as serving the purpose of support during times of upheaval; there's been extremely good responses to requests for advice, to the point and insightful, even to the point of recommending professional help. I've not made use of the support services at HS, not needed I guess, so I can't compare them but any advice is only as good as the persons ability and willingness to put it into practice. Myself, I guess I'd find it easier to ask for help here than calling and talking to someone on the phone but that's just me. Here at least you have the chance of getting different perspectives.

I will complete HS but at an increased pace this time around and just back off a bit if it gets to heavy. I too have thought of attending one of Bill's retreats but the cost, in $, is high. I listened to excerpts of retreats he has done and I could see how they could be useful for some but I'm not sure if I would find them so. I did see him with Genpo Roshi in Los Angeles a year or so ago. Pretty interesting techniques they were presenting but I found the "high" to be rather short lived. I did appreciate the way they showed of viewing and dealing with different aspects of one's personality though. Different tools for different people at different stages of development; just have to see what fits. I do really appreciate the pricing of BrainEv though; many more people can afford to try it out and hopefully gain the benefits we are getting.

Jeff

My favorite joke: Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Donni

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 03:21:19 pm »
It has been over a year now that someone posted over this topic but hopefully someone will read this. I???am actually on 11 day of using BrainEv Level I. I read abc.27312??s reply to the topic and he writes in the fourth paragraph of his post that BrainEv ??is fine so long as a person is emotionally stable to begin with??. Is he refering that if a person is going threw emotional issues BrainEv is not addecuate for that person?  I am going at this moment threw a depression and dont feel at this momento emotionally stable. Did I understand wrong or is it that BrainEv won??t work for me as an example? Thanks in advance for your attention. My english is not so good hope you understand.

JeffH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 11:53:54 pm »
Hi Donni,
I can't speak for abc. but my take is that the effect of brain entrainment on emotional stability depends a great deal on how much you resist the changes that are taking place. To grow is to change and to change can be more or  less difficult depending on our attitude towards it.
Be honest with yourself and if your depression is that serious seek professional advice; otherwise figure it will pass as you grow and evolve. I looked at temporary periods of emotional instability as if from the outside and as if they were happening to someone else; interesting to observe and of passing interest. This too shall pass kind of thing.
Asking questions of anysort on this forum I think would bring many different viewpoints for you to consider. Try  some of the other topics and don't be shy. Good people here.
Jeff

Inedible

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 01:25:00 am »
Change for the better can be stressful. It helps to have ways of feeling better, fast, that are positive. Going for a walk, watching funny movies, listening to music that improves your mood. I don't know. If you have ways of reducing stress and feeling good you can change your life more quickly for the better without pushing so quickly that you end up sabotaging your own gains.

Nikaya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 02:48:03 pm »
It seems to me that whether or not it is appropriate for someone who doesn't feel emotionally stable depends on their expectations and ability to handle emotions that surface during the program. If you are just looking for something to make you happy all the time, then it might frustrate you and you might not feel like it's working or stop using it before you get the full benefits.

The program, as I understand it, is built to challenge your mind and make you mentally and emotionally stronger. But in this process, you might run into some difficulties. It might force you to face some difficult emotions. You might have some days that you feel worse while working through issues. But then, that's how we grow and become better right? If you can look at this or any program as a tool to help you work through your problems and learn to handle them better then it could really help. At least, that's what I'm counting on because I'm not exactly the most emotionally stable person either  ;)

I guess what I'm saying is that I think if we stick with it, during good days and bad days, and deal with each difficult emotion as it comes then it could be very helpful. The problem I often have is when I start to feel better then I forget to stick with whatever helped me feel better in the first place. Then I end up worse than I started. And depending on how bad your depression is, it might be helpful to join a support group or see a therapist to talk about it. I hope that helps, and I hope that whatever you do you are able to work through your difficulties...we all have issues so know you're not alone  :)

Donni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 03:22:26 am »
I have read all of your comments towards my topic. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. They are very helpfull and I am more than sure that not just for me but for many other people in the forum. Many blessings to you all !

JeffH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 05:25:04 pm »
Beginning round two of BrainEv, this time stopping other entrainment programs (guess which one) for the recommended two weeks prior to starting BrainEv. I usually follow directions carefully but the first time around was impatient and excited and did not and can???t help but think that maybe I should have.

So, two weeks off and then re-sit the full six month program.

Many thanks to all who post here; I have learned much from you.

Jeff

AZ Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 06:24:36 am »
Hi Jeff,

I share your enthusiasm for brain entrainment, as I am a total noob to it and BrainEv. If I could I would do it more, too, but I don't want to know what TOO much entrainment feels like ;D. It is exciting stuff, know you'll do great this round, and it sounds like you have had a powerful learning experience. Please keep us posted of your experiences along the way. Best wishes to you.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:20:12 pm by AZ Warrior »
Sincerely and best regards,

AZ Warrior!

JeffH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 06:02:56 pm »
Any thoughts/opinions about sitting Level 7 while clearing prior to resitting the course?

How about during resitting the course?

Not sure exactly what Level 7 is/does. Levels 1-6 had good intro videos and diagrams explaining their functions but Level 7 (as far as I know) does not.

Feedback appreciated. Tiffani? Carl? Michael? Other students?

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 03:47:36 pm »
Hullo! :)

Well, Level 7 is just that -- it's designed to be sat *after* the other levels, as a sort of "continuation."

It's pretty long and deep, so isn't something just to jump into while "clearing."

You should only really play around with Level 7 when you've gone through the rest. If you're resitting the course, it shouldn't *really* make a difference, but it would be nicer if the levels were sat sequentially, 1-6, following by alternating 7 / 1-6 / rest.

JeffH

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 07:08:57 pm »
Thanks Karl, :)

I'll wait on Level 7 until I've redone the 6 months with the one week review. I did wait till completing the course before moving on to Level 7 the first time around and will do so again this time.

I guess, as a former electronic tech. and one who used schematics a lot, I'd really like to see a diagram of Level 7 just for basic information. I just like diagrams I guess. ;)

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 12:08:43 pm »
No worries!

There is a basic schematic of the session online at http://support.brainev.com/level-7?

Follow us on Twitter