Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Recommended BWE programs, books, software, videos & other suggestions  (Read 8679 times)

AZ Warrior

• View Profile
Hi all,

I wanted to add one thread that consolidated all recommendations the community has to offer the rest of us in our quest for <fill in the blank>. We all have come to BrainEV, but along our respective journeys, some of us may have come across other great resources worth pursuing. If you have other BWE programs, books, audio, videos, NLP, strobes, eyewear, software, headphones, etc., that you believe others would benefit from please feel free to add them below (this is not a place for selling if an affiliate of those programs--user reviews only please  :D). In an effort to keep the list smaller, please include those items you personally did & would rate at least 7.5/10 stars (go ahead & rate it if you wish), a brief description about it, and why you think it is very good or great in your opinion. If someone already recommended something and you agree, please feel free to add your comments.

For example, some on the forum suggested the Lucid Dreaming Kit. Thanks in advance for your input! :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:56:27 pm by AZ Warrior »
Sincerely and best regards,

AZ Warrior!

sean101

• View Profile
Re: Recommended BWE programs & other suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:45:39 pm »
Neuro Programmer 3 (9.5/10)

They are a great and fair company that allow you to create your own brainwave entrainment with a program that is soooo damn easy to use with simple video tutorials. When you purchase there Pro version it includes the ability to make your own which is not included in the normal 60 dollar one but both have 120 presets of brainwave entrainment. The company has many studies and is great so yea if you are interested in something after brainev look into it.

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
Re: Recommended BWE programs & other suggestions
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 01:02:37 pm »
NEUROPROGRAMMER: Agreed! I know Adam at the company, and he's very helpful and incredibly fair, as you said.

RELEASING: Would add that I also personally found great results with any 'releasing' program: The Sedona Method, The Release Technique, Letting Go (Guy Finley), and more. I wrote about releasing in my Secret Art book too: http://secretartbook.com/ (This is not a sales pitch!)

BRAINWAVES: BrainEv and the Brain Salon work very well for me personally, although I am completely bias.

FOCUS: If you haven't discovered smooth upbeat jazz (www.saxfm.com - I helped found this) or Yanni, then DO IT. Ideal way to cheer you up and boost your focus!

LIGHT MACHINE: The Philips goLITE has definitely made a difference to my mood and 'awakeness' levels. I keep it on while I work for a few hours each morning, and it sets me up for the day. I've bought this machine for a few of my friends too, who now use it on a daily basis also.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:05:40 pm by Karl »

AZ Warrior

• View Profile
Re: Recommended BWE programs, books, software, videos & other suggestions
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:39:44 pm »
I guess it's my turn to add my personal suggestions... :)

Caveat: These are not required to succeed with BrainEv, but will provide useful info that can absolutely enhance your chances of success.

Meditation
  • "Mindfulness in Plain English" by Bhante Gunaratana -- a great FIRST book on Meditation (Insight) for Newbies and those who need more info when doing BrainEv that goes beyond: 1) find a comfortable place, 2) close eyes, & 3) listen to BrainEV. Very easy to understand & implement suggestions re: what to do, structuring meditation, dealing with problems, distractions, mindfulness vs. concentration, & more. If you are a newbie needing help, get this FIRST. He wrote a more advanced book as well but the latter is more geared for those comfortable with this book and ready to go to the next level, which is also very good.
  • "The Three Pillars of Zen" by Roshi Philip Kapleau--great detail for those wanting to learn Zen meditation/Buddhism specifically, like martial artists. For Beginners to Intermediate folks.
  • "The Chronicles of Tao" and "Scholar Warrior" by Deng Ming Dao--great info for those wanting very detailed specifics regarding Taoism, as well as exercises, diet, lifestyle, etc.; also great for folks like martial artists, that require advanced material, but have no access to a teacher. For Intermediate and Advanced Folks.

NLP
  • "Awaken The Giant Within: How to Take Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical & Financial Destiny!" by Anthony (Tony) Robbins. This book has a lot of great stuff, easy to-do techniques, etc., to help in all areas of your life. He was huge in the U.S. during the 90's and this book changed my life at a time when I needed it, and it will transform yours.

BWE

Transparent Corp.'s NeuroProgrammer 3 and Mind Workstation -- + 1

Other
  • SleepPhones:  +1
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:20:07 pm by AZ Warrior »
Sincerely and best regards,

AZ Warrior!

NickR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 09:07:53 pm »
 A practise that I would recommend is Open Focus, which was devised by Dr Les Fehmi. It's a series of statements which lead your attention into experiencing different areas of your body and the spaces between. It takes several sessions to get into, but once learned it's a briiliant way of getting into alpha. It's compatible with Brain EV because it does not use brainwave entrainment. The book is available on Amazon. Dr Fehmis website sells taped scripts. You could of course make your own. The book also comes with a CD of basic exercises. Highly reccomended.
 :)   Best Wishes  Nick

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Open-focus-Brain-Harnessing-Power-Attention/dp/1590306120/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323378334&sr=1-1

Dr Fehmi's website: http://www.openfocus.com/

JeDale

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 09:58:57 pm »
Learning Strategies (Paraliminals) (6-8 / 10)

I would recommend any paraliminal from Learning Strategies. I don't think that they are fantastic, but they are certainly worth considering.

I own various titles, but the ones I use most are 10 minute supercharger, dream play, deep relaxation, creating sparks and memory supercharger.

Here is the fascinating part for me - none of them really "work" the way the makers claim - except for the 10 minute supercharger which worked great initially and then the effects eventually wore off.  I find that the positive effects, if any, are usually way different from what the individual titles claimed.

The reason I still enjoy using them (and the reason I am recommending them) is because of the unique way that they approach brain entrainment which has a surprisingly positive effect on my A.D.D. brain.

Because they play multiple audio voices in each ear (along with the underlying holosync technology) with messages that are tailored either for left brain or right brain processing, I am able to either "float" down the middle of all the chattering voices and day dream (as I normally do), Or I can pick up on a conversation thread and follow it at will. More importantly, this method of entrainment literally "drowns" out the chatter that is already happening in my mind and the sessions can actually get my excitement and adrenalin going, which I LOVE. This sounds counter intuitive, but the surge of excitement actually helps me drop into lower states such as Alpha much easier. I need to be stimulated and not put to sleep, which is why I sometimes listen to dramatic orchestral music - it helps me to "zone out" and enter hyper focus as well as helping me to eventually RELAX.

I would recommend these titles specifically for people with ADD and also ADHD, but others couid benefit greatly from them as well!

"Gentle heart, deep mind, warrior spirit" - Jason E. Dale

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 04:08:33 pm »
I have been lazy about putting up resources.
I'll start with one.

Anna Wise: Awakening the Mind: a guide to mastering the power of your brain waves. (2002)
This book has been an indispensible source of enlightenment and technical understanding as I went through Brain Ev. This book doesn't just explain brainwave frequencies (beta, alpha, theta and delta), it taught me how to 'signpost' their appearance when I was Brain Ev-ing.
This book is for anyone who wants to understand brainwaves, what they do, what each frequency state feels like, how excess or lack of specific frequencies affect us.
For Brain Ev'ers who want to maximise their Brain Ev experience, this is a perfect companion. You can also learn more about the brainwave states conducive to healing, mastery, awakening/enlightenment, energy, high performance.

She has produced other books and CDs.  I am currently waiting for "Sound Body, Sound Mind: Music for healing" Anna in conjunction with Dr. Andrew Weil to arrive. No idea what this will be like.

More recommendations as I get around to it. Watch this space.

july62

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 12:39:06 pm »
Dear Je Dale,

Thank you for sharing your valuable information with us .But I doubt one thing that I had read some where here in this forum that Holo synch should not be combined with the Brain EV course.... for efficient results.
And the Paraliminals which you had suggested (from Learning Strat: corp) uses the help of the Holosynch Technology!!!!!!!!!!!

So what shall we do now,use it(the Paraliminals) or wait till the normal seven months for the Brain EV had passed?>????

Dear AZ Warrior,

Whats your opinion,regarding the use of the neuro programmer3,Mind work station and the Mind Stereo  along side the BrainEV programm.??
Would there be any side effects??

REGARDS
ZRD
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:08:56 pm by july62 »

JeDale

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 08:31:00 am »
Hey there July62,

Hmmm..... haven't heard about that one, and to the best of my knowledge from having read the main BrainEv product advertising page, watched the videos and read the documentation, I do not recall anything being mentioned about not being allowed to use  Holosynch while doing BrainEv. (Unless I missed something somewhere  :-\)

If anything, the product developers allude to the fact that BrainEv is designed to make your personal development efforts more effective. Michael Kelly does say that in one of his videos.

At the present moment, I just so happen to be taking a course in Photoreading (which I absolutely have to do) which happens to use holosynch. I do the BrainEV first thing in the morning now and the other courses/personal development/etc is being done much later.

Karl, Tiffany, etc can someone correct/enlighten me here?

Jason
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:34:29 am by JeDale »
"Gentle heart, deep mind, warrior spirit" - Jason E. Dale

HOG Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 01:05:10 am »
My additional items to date include:

1) Delta sleep CD's by Dr. Jeffery Thompson 9.5/10
These brainwave entrainment CD's have done wonders for my insomnia. At first it was perfect, then I experienced a set back, but things have improved greatly since the set back and I'm sleeping much better with the aid of these CD's.

2) Sleephones 9/10
This fleece headband headphone make sleeping while listening to any audio source a dream. Wish they would come with a little longer cord (4 ft) was not quite long enough, I bought a 6 foot extension from Radio Shack and now have plenty of cord to toss and turn in bed while I sleep. And yes I wear them the entire night and don't even know they are there.  One minor drawback is that the speakers have to be perfectly centered over your ears, any deviation and the audio becomes difficult to hear.  But with those minor inconveniences they are much better than trying to sleep with the earbud type that goes in your ears.

3) Book - A Better Way To Think by H Norman Wright 9.9/10
I just started reading this book and have gone through the first six chapters and I really like it. He discusses how the brain is made up and how our thoughts are formed from early years and how they control our lives. It gets into how to change the brain to change our thoughts to change our lives. In my opinion it's a perfect compliment to any brainwave entrainment program, especially BrainEv.

HOG Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 05:18:39 am »
If anyone has been or is a victim of emotional abuse, there is a good book I'm reading "Healing the Scars of Emotional Abuse" by Dr. Gregory L. Jantz. Great book that identifies all kinds of emotional abuse, it's affects and recommended solutions.  If the scars of emotional abuse are haunting you, this book and BrainEv will definitely help.

Karl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 12:25:26 pm »
@JeDale -- Just saw your message, sorry I missed it earlier!

All I'd say is that we do advise you not to mix long-term brainwave entrainment products together. That means if you're doing Holosync, don't do BrainEv. If you're using a CD than contains Holosync "technology" (ie, brainwave entrainment) which is a shorter term, non-progressive product, that will be just fine :)

HOG Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 01:27:07 am »
Anna Wise: Awakening the Mind: a guide to mastering the power of your brain waves. (2002)
This book has been an indispensible source of enlightenment and technical understanding as I went through Brain Ev. This book doesn't just explain brainwave frequencies (beta, alpha, theta and delta), it taught me how to 'signpost' their appearance when I was Brain Ev-ing.
This book is for anyone who wants to understand brainwaves, what they do, what each frequency state feels like, how excess or lack of specific frequencies affect us.
For Brain Ev'ers who want to maximise their Brain Ev experience, this is a perfect companion. You can also learn more about the brainwave states conducive to healing, mastery, awakening/enlightenment, energy, high performance.

I just finished reading this book, and now I have a much better understanding of what each of the four brainwaves "feel" like. I agree that the information and knowledge you gain from this book will enhance your BrainEv experience.

Thanks Pure Bliss for the recommendation.  ;)

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 11:47:56 am »
For those of you on a journey towards greater self-realisation, happiness, healing, inner-insight, here is a DVD that crossed my path, that you may enjoy:

"The Way" by Martin Sheen and written and co-acted by his son. It is about a grieving man who loses his son to death on the Camino de Santiago (in his attempt to experience life) - a spiritual walk from the south of France over the Pyrenees to Santiago di Compostela in northern Spain. Martin Sheen walks the walk with his son's ashes, meets co-pilgrims, and evolves himself en route....

I cannot take time out to go on a personal pilgrimage right now, but it planted the seed in me to take a two week 'silent retreat' here at home while my husband is abroad. I will walk here at home too, experience space, forests, vast horizons, the feeling of weather..... and hopefully evolve a little myself.

Not a film I would have sought out myself, but as a friend lent it to me, well, who is to argue with providence? I am glad I saw it and immediately gave my sister a copy as she is just due to set off on a walking holiday in Spain herself.

Just giving you guys the heads up. If it calls to you, then be sure you see it! Buen camino, Pure Bliss

didiercahier

• View Profile
Frequency pharmacy part 1
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 03:16:39 am »
http://eggetsberger-info.blogspot.com/2012/04/unsere-osteraktion-gratis-download.html

A trustworthy Austrian guy(excellent newsletter on neurological research ) offers this download called " Mental renascence" for free till the 15th April.

Follow us on Twitter