Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Truth and the Great Awakening.  (Read 2347 times)

Dreamer

• View Profile
Truth and the Great Awakening.
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:32:50 pm »
This first post will be short, as I am feeling unwell at the moment. I am starting it anyway, so I won't keep coming up with excuses not to begin this thread.

I have spent most of my life looking for the "truth." I can remember searching for it as early as my pre-teen years. There are so many things happening in my life right now, I think I am finding my truth, and that is one of the biggest parts of my journey. For so long I believed there had to be a singular truth and everything else would become clear as being falsehoods. I know now I am wrong. There is not one singular truth, while at the same time there is. I've seen a saying several times which reads "There are many paths that lead to the truth." I have agreed with that for a very long time. I now see, just as there are many paths, there are many "truths" at the end of the journeys, but still only one truth.

Let me explain if I can. Well, two examples. There may be many paths to the grape vine, but there are many grapes on the vine and as alike as they may appear, they are all different, but it is still only one vine. Or the image in a mirror. There may be only one mirror, but everyone will see their own image in it. That does not make anyone else's image false, just different from yours.

Now that I have made everything about as clear as mud, I have things to do before I come back here to continue extolling on my journey.

Blessed Be
Dreamer
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Infinite

• View Profile
Re: Truth and the Great Awakening.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:05:25 pm »
Hey, I resemble those remarks  :P

Sorry you're unwell.

Looking forward to hearing more about "your truth" now that you've dished out the disclaimer.

I am glad you decided to post here, but again I must admit that is purely selfish.  I have to admit that depending on your goals with these posts, you may find it more useful to post elsewhere as there is not so much participation on these forums lately (LOTS of LURKERS, few POSTERS, and even fewer who post in response to other people's posts....)  On the other hand, it's a good place to organize your own thoughts without too many other people muddying the waters or trying to shove their own dogmas down your throat.

Get Well Soon,
Infinite

Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:23:07 am »
Sorry to have started this and then kind of dropped it. I have not had as much time to be on the computer as I once did. Spring, and a new (to me) house in need of repair have been taking up most of my time.

I'm going to see how much I can get in about the Great Awakening this morning.

Background, I used to watch way too much TV, loved movies, and inhaled books. Then my ADHD memory would put them together in strange ways, a scene from one, a character from another, a setting from a third and events happening in the wrong order. Trying to remember a story was like putting together a puzzle when I had a collection of pieces from several, but not all the pieces from any. Now that puzzle piece memory seems to be putting things together more like clues to a mystery.

A long time ago I read a book, that had parts that stayed with me strongly. It is Crack in the Comic Egg, and was written at an important time, but almost before it's time. The one thing that stayed with me was the idea that reality as we know it CAN be changed. His example was kidney transplants. One doctor went to some South American country to perform a kidney transplant. Realize that before this, every attempt at transplanting any organs at all always ended in catastrophic failure. Well, for once the patient survived the transplant and his symptoms disappeared. It was a success! Soon after other people were transplanting kidneys, followed by other organs, with varying degrees of success to the point where no one thinks twice about it. Yet, when that first patient died and an autopsy was performed it was learned that while his body had not rejected the new kidney, the new kidney had never actually functioned. His existing kidney had simply doubled down and done the job of two. But by this point organ transplants were working and reality, as we know it, had changed.

I have always believed in miracles and have seen some first hand.

Now let's talk about allegory. If the stories of Moses and Jesus were allegories, what are some of the things they have in common. Moses led his people out of Egypt, out of slavery, opening a new path to them. They then spent 40 years traveling through the desert to find their new home. Jesus was baptized, awakened at the Son of God, opening a new path to him. He then spent 40 days in the desert to discover exactly who he was now.

There was a lot of speculation about the "end of the world" occurring December solstice 2012. This was the end of the Mayans 14th Baktun. Like the Death card in Tarot, the prediction of the world ending with the end of the Baktun, was much more about change than actual ending. That was the baptism, the walking out of Egypt. Now we have our 40 years, days, centuries, to determine if we - as a people - are going to wake up and come together in spirituality (NOT religion), love and peace, or if we are going to stay asleep in this nightmare of our own creation.

Right now I have been spending a lot of time caring for three levels of me, body, mind and soul, but while I am doing things that need to be done, these things are not as important to me as nurturing the divine spark within me.

I feel so blessed to have things coming together for me. I restarted Brain Ev, which is helping me to focus and be stable, and since starting I am falling into books that fit together like puzzle pieces to one huge puzzle - Chimp Paradox, Huna self-exploration, Celestine Prophecy and Celestine Vision, Jesus and the Lost Goddess, and more. Each book is like a facet on a gem, in one way complete in itself, but it takes all of them together to make up the gem.

I feel like I am waking up.

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 08:02:23 pm »
Interesting story about the kidney transplant.  It is similar to Roger Bannister's breaking of the four minute mile.  Both speak to the power of beliefs.

Wish I had time to write more...maybe later.

Best Regards,
Infinite

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 06:38:23 pm »
I think the time to awaken is always NOW.

I look forward to seeing how you are putting the puzzle pieces together.

Best Regards,
Infinite

Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 11:58:11 am »
What I like right now is how they are finding "brain cells" in the heart, and how that affects everything 'we' thought 'we' knew.

And how science is affirming the spiritual conception of multiple levels of "self." Ekhart Tolle has a wonderful website to help teach mindfulness, and stresses - in what I have seen so far - two levels, the participant and the observer. Chimp Paradox teaches about two inner selves, the Self and the Chimp with no place (that I have noticed) for the observer. Huna is based on three selves, the lower/animal self (Chimp), the middle self (both the participant AND the observer) and the higher self (Divine Spark - Spirit or Soul).

This year after the Bombings, on Facebook everyone was posting the Mr. Rogers quote of "look for the helpers." More people are becoming environmentally aware. It is no longer just the pagans who are saying the Earth is a living being that needs our help. More and more people are looking at our similarities and overlooking our differences, moving from an "us against them" frame of mind to a "We are all in this together" frame of mind.

This is our "time in the wilderness." In Exodus, some people went back to Egypt and today some people will hang on to their egos and separateness. Thankfully it seems like the vast majority are going past their egos to finding their true selves and touching the unity between all living things that exists.

This mornings sermon is over.

BB
Dreamer

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 02:00:47 am »
Brain cells in the heart...and even our 'guts' are sometimes referred to as a second brain due to all the nerves there.  Even our own bodies are more 'connected' than previously thought.

I will have to give more thought to our connection to "all living things", but with respect to people, I agree that we ARE all in this together, and we ARE all connected.  But I believe we are also separate egos.  This is an area to remember your Ellis and Harper.  It does not have to be either/or.  It can be AND.  We are separate AND we are connected.  And one is NOT more important than the other.  I think the problems come from placing one over the other.  People do horrible things because they think they are separate from others.  On the other hand, many mass atrocities have been done "for the good of the collective."

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 02:13:06 am »
Hi Dreamer,

I've been trying to think about our connection to "all living things", and as I re-read your post, I am curious to ask, why do feel the Earth needs our help?

Best Regards,
Infinite

Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 10:43:45 am »
Infinite,

From your first post: Yes, I remember my Ellis and Harper and embrace the duality of my position. On one level I can compare it to a family. If you are born into a family, you grow up as both yourself as an individual, and yourself as a Child/Sibling/Parent ie part of the family. In some cultures it extends further to being part of a tribe or clan, yet none of that detracts (or needs to detract) from being an individual. One step further, when an older child is adopted, or a single parent gets married, the child is in a position of needing to choose whether to be part of the family unit or not.
On another level, I have read comments and posts from people who believe that those who seek transcendence are running away from / denying who they are, and I do not necessarily believe that is true. Yes, there are some people who believe that denial of self is required to become aware, but to apply that across the board is flawed logic. Just because all crows are black, does not mean that all black birds are crows.
I don't know if that explains it well or not, but on to your second post.

Reference our connections to all living things, yes, you could call me a tree hugger. There have been studies which indicate that everyone is more refreshed and renewed when taking a walk through nature than they are walking down a residential street, and that those walks that are closer to natural / wilderness settings are more beneficial than those through groomed gardens. I know it is true for me.
As to the question of why the Earth needs our help. Pollution; air, water, and soil, is one reason. Fracking is destabilizing areas that used to be earthquake free and well as causing once clean water supplies to become contaminated. Deforestation still goes on is a wide spread manner and often for the wrong reasons. We keep burying more ground under concrete and asphalt in the name of progress. Wars not only kill people, but also animals and, in areas, the land itself. Like rats, we keep soiling our own home with little to no thought for the future. The Earth is a biosphere, and ecosystem, that works together for the benefit of all. I used to build terrariums. With the correct mix of plants, they could go on for a very long time without tending or watering, but if you tossed in things that didn't belong there, the whole thing would fail quickly. A newer system I've seen but not used is the combination aquarium and planter. The fish and the roots of the plant supply each others needs, but remove one or the other and it is no longer sustainable.

Clear as mud?

On another note, I had major computer problems a few days ago, followed quickly by one family disaster after another, so I have little time to spare writing. I am hoping to catch up here ( on the forum ) today.

Blessings.
Dreamer

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 08:52:53 pm »
Hi Dreamer,

We are close enough here to talking about religion, so I'll try not to jump into politics, too!  But on that front, I will just say that I consider myself a nature lover, and used to be quite a strong supporter of many environmental groups and causes.  However, as my experience and awareness have grown, I've learned not to trust them any more than anyone else.  eg. I don't trust the environmentalists on fracking any more than I trust the oil/gas companies.  Both sides have large financial interests involved (including so called "non-profits").

In the end you could be right about the Earth needing our help, although as you seem to indicate what it needs help with is US, I think what you mean is it needs us to stop doing so much harm.  On a macro-scale, you could be proven right in the end, but my suspicion is that we are more likely to cause our own extinction before "killing" the earth.  There are plenty of life-forms capable of surviving conditions that we cannot.  And then earth would go on just fine without us.  I can't recall the name of it, but there was a book and then a TV series about what would happen if all the people just disappeared.  Of course, it was just theoretical, but it didn't take long for nature to take over once there were no humans to keep it at bay.

On the other hand, we ourselves would not do so well without the earth.  Reference your own comments about walking in nature with which I strongly agree. We have done much harm to nature and to ourselves by seeing ourselves as separate (like the belief that natural nutrients can't heal, only drugs can).  Whatever position you believe we occupy in the order of things, it is clear that physically we are creatures of the natural world.  How to deal with that depends on how you see our place in the order of things, which is where it becomes important what your version of "truth" is.  This is largely the area where I said I needed to think more about.  Are humans "more special" than other animals?  Why or why not?  Are other animals "more special" than plants?  Why or why not?  After all, plants have their own "consciousness" that knows when a part of the plant has been damaged and communicates the danger to other plants who then make changes to help protect themselves.

Best Regards,
Infinite

Follow us on Twitter