Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Adjustment  (Read 3819 times)

rchoates

• View Profile
Adjustment
« on: January 13, 2012, 03:45:54 pm »
So I'm almost to the end of my second week in level 1, and my brain has easily attuned itself to the frequencies in the audio. Now, once the recording starts, I sync right into the entrainment, and after about 12 minutes (I'm guessing), I feel my brain producing theta waves. I've learned to notice that feeling over the years, so I know exactly when I'm in theta, and the cd entrains a very nice theta pattern indeed. The barrage of thoughts have slowed down considerably. Now it's just a nice relaxing sink into a peaceful suspended state. I could be in that state forever! I must say, I look forward to every session.   

ganesubu

• View Profile
Re: Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:05:54 pm »
Hi,
Its nice to know that you are experiencing theta in the first level itself.
I believe you had already experienced those levels before even starting this BWE.
Well be prepare to notice good changes in your life :)
Post your experiences. I am too having the same kind of experiences you mentioned.
Let me hear more from you..

With love
Ganesh

rchoates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 11:07:09 pm »
Hi Ganesh: You're correct, I've been using entrainment cds for more than twenty years, and I've been meditating (without audio entrainment) for much longer. I can pretty much drop into an alpha and theta state just by closing my eyes and regulating my breath. I find that entrainment provides a nice foundation for sustained states and deep exploration when you feel like expanding the perceptual boundaries.
Since I'm no stranger to entrainment technology, I was a bit "ok, whatever" when it came to giving BrainEv a try. I considered it for two years before I made the purchase, and I'm glad I did. The product is high quality, and their entrainment patterns seem to be very unique. I look forward to listening to the other levels when the time comes. Although I think I'm conditioned enough to skip ahead, I'll stay with the program and listen to each level for the recommended four weeks.
Thank you very much for your input, Ganesh!!

Robert 

ganesubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 03:50:39 am »
Well Robert, Its nice to know you advanced through the program very soon. By advance, I mean that you have the ability to lower your brain waves at will.
I am fascinated by that. If you Read my previous posts, you would have known my craze :)
It will be great if you share your experience in theta. Define theta in your perspective.

With love
Ganesh

rchoates

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 10:08:15 am »
Okay Ganesh, I shall attempt to define theta, at least in my experience:

Theta is tricky. I've noticed that for it to be really useful, it needs a high input of alpha waves. Theta influenced by alpha is great for eliminating psychological patterns, and instilling new ones that are more beneficial. I suppose you can call it the self-hypnosis range.

Theta influenced by delta is very different. You literally have no conscious control of the content that may arise in that state. I call it the autopilot zone, because your inner content runs itself while all you can do is observe. What makes this state very important, however, is that it tells you where you really are with an issue. No lies or self-deception can be in this state, because lying or hiding from oneself is ego based.

Unlike beta, alpha, or delta, I have noticed that in my experience, it's very hard to have theta emerge as a dominant or primary state. It loves to have with it either alpha or delta, and theta by itself is a very temporary region. It's like slipping into a cave that suddenly becomes illuminated. Once you notice the illumination, alpha kicks in, and if you become absorbed by it, delta kicks in. You have to be extremely passive to prolong a theta primary state, and since I'm a control freak...ha ha, it can be very elusive.

Those descriptions are very brief, but I hope it helps Ganesh. An eeg can't measure everything, or really give a complete picture of what's going on in the brain/mind. I lived in California in my twenties, and I had a friend who had an eeg machine, and I would spend hours hooked up as he recorded the output. He was a biofeedback therapist, and I was his willing participant in freestyle experimentation, lol. I learned a lot with that machine, hence my feel for the various brainwave states.   

ganesubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 05:34:05 pm »
Your explanation was so useful to identify that theta state my Friend :)
I have been on that state, and as you said its little bit difficult to remain on that state.

I have been on that state while Meditating using BWE. While Meditating, as you said I went from alpha to theta, but when I am aware of that state, once again I pushed back to alpha.

Whereas while sleeping, I go from delta to theta (The sleep cycle will be like going from beta to alpha, then to theta, then to delta, then to theta, then to delta.... and so on, till you wake up) and at that time, I am staying in theta (sometimes consciously) for some considerable amount of time.

Yes! I will be conscious in theta. That's bcoz I had practiced lucid dreaming technique for a while. Its a technique to be aware of dream while dreaming.
Since dreams will occur predominantly in theta, I am aware of that state as theta.

Plus contrary to what you told, "You literally have no conscious control of the content that may arise in that state", I tell you my friend, once if we are aware of dreams, we can control our dreams. That's the main benefit of training to lucid dream. But I accept its difficult at the beginning stage.
Bcoz at the beginning stage, its difficult even to identify and remain in that state.. Whereas to control the content arising at theta.. Hooo.. It will take a lot of practice :)

Lets achieve the impossible!
With love
Ganesh

rchoates

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 07:29:48 pm »
Ah yes, Lucid Dreaming!! Actually Ganesh, lucid dreaming occurs when two areas of the brain are activated, each area emitting a difference in frequency. The frontal lobe region produces predominant alpha, and the lower region of the brain predominant theta, and the two frequencies match each other in tandem, and the only time this is ever known to happen is in lucid dreaming. In other words, you never see it in meditation. Or at least it hasn't been seen. Lucid dreaming is a special state indeed.

Theta/delta however is not lucid dreaming. Delta waves don't even register in a lucid dream state, which is interesting considering that delta activity can be registered in small amounts during predominant beta periods!! Voluntary control doesn't happen in theta/delta because it's a dissociative state. Conscious engagement would pull in an alpha frequency, and significantly reduce delta.

But then again Ganesh, this is all very general stuff, general in the extreme since not all is known about the brain/mind, and research into brainwave states and activity is mostly speculative.

A focused mind is a good mind. I don't care what state it happens in. ;D     

GadgetGal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 12:51:18 am »
I have noticed since I started Brain Ev, just over a month ago that my lucid dreaming has become more frequent and more vivid and I am also able to retain the memory of a lot more of the details of the dreams themselves as well as being lucid and aware they are indeed dreams.

I have had lucid dreams for a number of years now, probably for as long as I can recall dreaming even as a child some of my dreams were lucid, however it is not even the frequency that I find most improved since starting with Brain Ev, it is as I mentioned the level of details within the dream on waking that I can still see in my minds eye clearly, lots of details about places I have been to and other things that occur are vivid whereas before although I would usually recall the gist of the dream and be aware in the dream that it is lucid the details were not so clear and sometimes upon wakening it can be hard to appreciate it was just a dream.....

rchoates

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 03:04:48 am »
Excellent GadgetGirl...I would speculate that since lucid dreaming is a natural proclivity for you, that perhaps BrianEv is stimulating a higher production of alpha activity, which would indeed increase memory and details of the dream state.

I'm a lucid dreamer myself, and noticed several years ago that if I meditate in an alpha state for about 30 minutes before sleep, my lucid dreaming is off the chart!!

ganesubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 09:29:56 am »
Thats a nice tip Robert. I will make use of it :)
Also your information about delta state is useful bcoz now I got an image of how to reach that state! ( Actually I should do nothing for that..lol.. )

Similar to Gadgetgal or Gadgetgirl or whatever.. I am experiencing Lucid Dreams so often using this BWE..

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 12:55:53 pm »
Hello all you amazing people,
What interesting/exciting stuff you are all posting.
(Actually I have an impatient family to feed, so time is against me now!).

My aim is to be whole-brained, use ever-larger parts of my brain simultaneously. Obviously a first step is to master brainwave frequencies and be able to enter the appropriate ones at will. As an anxiety-ridden 'beta-frazzler' (high end, destructive beta frequency stuff) my first major success was to exit the beta-frazzle zone, and get some good sleep at night!

A second step is to entrain ever larger parts of my brain so they are all functioning in harmony. I read a book entitled "Symphony of the Brain" about brainwave frequency treatment. This Brain Symphony metaphor has made me realise the importance of getting the brain to 'cooperate', drawing more and more of the brain into a concert, all parts of the brain 'singing off the same musical score'. Imagine the focus, the power of attention, the clarity, the single-mindedness...... It sounds like quite an exciting mental space to live in, doesn't it.

Then we can call on gamma, beta, alpha, theta and delta to add nuances, depth, colour, perspective..... this empowers us to be whole-brained as we finally access and use multiple intelligences.....

..... and now back to mundane tasks like preparing lunch! Keep it up, all of you. I am fascinated!. Pure Bliss

rchoates

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 04:04:47 pm »
Okay, I have a very important point to make here (Robert's lofty opinion): Modern Science can so often miss the point!! I can imagine that we're all zen masters from centuries ago, writing letters to each other about our meditative experiences. We wouldn't have a clue as to what brainwave states are. Our only measure would be in degrees of clarity, and clarity of mind is what it's all about.

Alpha and theta states can be just as messy and disruptive as an agitated beta state, and a high state of beta can be just as smooth and clean as a deep alpha or theta state. What makes the difference in any brainwave state is how the person feels inside. The brainwaves, beta--alpha--theta--delta, are indicative of recognizable mental states, but I'm going to go against the grain here and say that they to not CAUSE those states. The CAUSE is in the inner condition of the person. A state of insightful illumination and sense of wholeness can happen just as easily in beta, as it can in alpha or theta, but beta, alpha, or theta cannot CAUSE you to experience insightful illumination or a sense of wholeness. That comes from the inside of a person, and a brainwave state cannot tell you why, nor lead you to experience it. If it was that easy, brainwave entrainment would have changed the world a long time ago. I think the study of brainwaves and entrainment can be utilized to help eliminate psychological factors that prevent metal clarity, but entrainment in and of itself will not cause mental clarity. Just my point of view... ;D

ganesubu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 06:18:03 pm »
Oh My Confusing God!
What can I do now? The more I go deeper into this subject, I am finding new things to explore. Its like never ending!
Robert, your approach is different from others. How do you came to know these things? Because that post was Brilliant!
It will be nice if you express more about insightful illumination and its relation with brainwaves..
Also do mention your CAUSE of insightful illumination, if any... So that we can have better understanding of the CAUSE!

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 06:52:02 pm »
Hmmmm Robert...

An interesting thought. It is the old chicken and egg scenario. What came first, the inner state, or the frequency that accompanies/generates our inner state? My background in psychology makes me gravitate towards the inner machinery, neurotransmitters, blind spots, cognitive errors, measurable data...... I am comfortable with that and it meshes well to better understand my mind-state. You have the breadth and depth of meditative experience to intimately experience the Mind (not the brain) and this is home territory to you. All these inner experiences can exist spontaneously, just as they can be triggered by our environment, or learned.

I agree that beta offers a whole range of inner states, many of them positive. However, I have a lot of experience of being stuck in unpleasant, unproductive beta frequencies. Being able to use the frequency metaphor which vibrates when we are in a specific mind-state (e.g. depression, anxiety, fear, numbness etc) helps me recognise it when it occurs (spontaneously, naturally, self-induced?) during the day. By being able to recognise it, I can consciously choose to exit from it.

A major plus for me in perceiving the specific frequency to be causal, is it shifts the emphasis of my sense of stress, anxiety, etc. to be merely electric in origin, and not a basic malfunction within me. It gives me a concrete metaphor to label my painful-beta mind-state, and consciously shift out of it into a new frequency of choice.

Initially I needed some method to shift me from my stuck 'Beta Frazzle' state to a more comfortable, less fixed and harmonious state. BrainEv did this. Honestly, it felt like a reset button in my brain was activated, a button, incidentally, I never knew I had. If I could only express what Beta Frazzle as a default mindset was like..... no one wants to spend quality time there. When I look at ADD types, anxiety types, depression types, well they would all like to locate the reset button and see the world through new lenses. I tried so many ways to jolt myself out of this nasty beta zone - antidepressants (Lexapro and it worked beautifully, but I could not 'learn' to replicate its effect without taking the medication, it was either medically induced or beyond my personal control), my untutored attempts at meditation (chatter, chatter or boredom and self-doubt due to lack of knowledge), creative visualisation at which I am very adept, however my beta-frazzle coloured the visualisation experience and kept 'reminding' me that positive outcomes were not garanteed, raised doubts and bad outcome fantasies.... all in all I have remained stuck, not full time, but for significant time spans in a place I don't want to inhabit.

My personal experience with my brain and adding in a new mix of frequencies was astonishing, bordering on unbelievable. I am content 95% of the time. I have only experienced two very brief, minor beta-frazzle events since starting BrainEv in March 2011. Now things that were impossible because of a stuck mind are within my grasp. I can rebound from negative stuff in a minute or two. I often sleep very well. Now at night when insomnia strikes, I can lie in bed and relish 'me time', all cosy and relaxed, feeling content in myself, loved and lovable as a person, and I actually enjoy the time. I sort of feel as if I am a child again - the whole world is open for me to explore and experience.

I certainly believe you are right in that mental clarity is critical. I also agree/concede that "entrainment  in and of itself will not cause mental clarity". However I speak for myself (and possibly some others out there) when I say that specific brainwave frequencies open the doors to mind-states which I could not previously access. Such as total peace of mind. Unflappability. Inner silence. Stillness. Well being. Calm, utter calm. And having sought them for so long, it is Pure Bliss to experience them through BrainEv and now at will.

Plus a feeling I am manifesting stuff so fast it is unbelieveable. For example I wished me a native Australian (met one); I wanted to experience meditation through an Eastern lens (not the Westernised cocktail) and that materialised; and I have been reading up on meditation and getting re-enthused and now you have materialised on the forum. For three years I have (unsuccessfully) been trying to find an American real estate agent, he materialised over Christmas. I was looking for a way to clean/tune up my chakras - it arrived as a PM on this forum. I have become aware we could run our business in a specific way, and treated myself to a book on making change - astonishingly on page 55 of this book is a four point plan which fits our business situation like a glove. It is astonishing. Breath taking. Miraculous. And I am doing it. Whether this ability is inherent or has been set free via accessing new brainwave states is irrelevant. What is important is that it is happening.

Thanks for taking the time to widen my perspectives and open new vistas.... Pure Bliss

rchoates

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 08:56:59 pm »
Hi Ganesh, let me see if I can answer your question in a cohesive way.

I've been meditating for about 27 years total, since the age of 14. After about 13 years of strict, daily meditation, a conversation with a friend led me to see that there were issues inside myself that I wasn't directly addressing. An examination of my behavior in daily life led me to question many emotional patterns that I assumed to be a natural part of me. After a while, I began to realize that all my years of meditation and achieving advanced brainwave states had really done nothing to "fix" or even slightly change the psychological damaged state I had grown up in. I was calm, centered, and focused in the life that I was living, able to confront any problem or defeat any conflict, but having to do war in a calm, mentally focused state, had become a habitual way of life. I may have been calm and centered, but my life was one of disruption and disturbance, continual forces I always had to battle. The question I began to ask was WHY?

During this period my lucid dreaming was at an all time high. I literally couldn't sleep a night without being involved in some lucid dream drama for almost a full year!! It got to the point where I sometimes couldn't tell the difference between waking and dreaming. One day I was in my kitchen washing dishes (which is rare because I can't stand cleaning ::)), and while rising a plate in running water I realized I had dreamed this exact event the night before, although in the dream, the objects were different. [Okay, here I run the risk of sounding confusing, so I'll try to be as clear as I can be.] The "objects" in the dream were different, and yet they were a symbolic match to the "action" in the kitchen, or more correctly, what led to me doing the dishes in the first place. In other words, the dream captured the overall meaning of why I was doing the dishes, and the emotional impetus behind it. The moment I had that recognition, at least a dozen details from other dreams flooded my memory, and I was able to see there exact relationship to the events I had in waking life. From that moment on, I began to compare my dream experience with my waking experience, and the connection between the two was always there, the dream events showing meaning in symbolic form of action that occurred in waking life.

Well of course I was fascinated, so I began to focus my meditations on the connection itself between dreaming and waking. I mean why was there such a prominent connection, and was it just me?? This led to an endless study of dreams, dream psychology, dream symbology, Jung, you name it. Take about going in circles!! There's so much crap on the subject of dreams and dreaming, I think I could have gone blind. Anyway, the books got me no where, at least not close to a definitive answer.

Then one day, and at all times in the heat of a sparring match (I'm a black belt in karate), my mind literally jumped out of my body and made an intuitive leap. I could see myself in this sparring match with a 360 degree view, and watching my opponent from that vantage point, his next move became so obvious, and even though I saw this from an outside view, I countered with the correct move in my body. And suddenly I knew at that moment (in a how or a why I can't explain), that there was no difference between dreaming and waking, that both "realities" operated by the same principles, the only "apparent" difference being the time distortion, events running in a linear construct, one moment coming after the other in a more or so straight line when we're awake, and then almost as an all at once holographic experience when we're dreaming, and yet both of those perceptions of being "in time" are gross distortions. In that moment (still in the sparring match) I realized that the most pronounced distortion of perception in waking life was the separation between us and other objects. There is me, there is you, and there is everything else, all isolated by varying degrees of distance in an objectified universe. Nothing but illusion!! I knew right then that all pervading separation wasn't real. I was countering my opponents every move not because I could see it from my outside vantage point, but because that seeing was a cognizant realization that I was my opponent. I was me, I was him, I was the crowd in the dojo, I was the dojo itself. I was everything. All at once. And then the moment was gone. I was back in my body, and was hit in the face. No lie, lol!

After that rather dramatic experience, I began to realize that my life, the day to day experience I was living, was a direct reflection of my own inner state. The habitual conflict I would experience was a meaningful reflection of emotional convictions I held within. When I used meditation to look at my own internal conflict, and change what I thought about my own self in relation to that conflict, is when the pattern disappeared in my life. In other words, my life, the life I experienced, was a direct result of my own inner state.

And that's a very brief summary of a very long journey. Trust me, it's a bit more complicated than what I just wrote.     

Follow us on Twitter