Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: BrainEv, Transcendental Meditation (TM), Levels 1-6 report on experiences  (Read 1010 times)

williamjl

• View Profile
Hi there! So I???ve finally sat down to write this piece. It???s taken me nearly 6 months, and I???m now in the middle of Level 6. I???ve listened to the entrainment tracks consistently for a month each, every day. So, I certainly feel with some justification that I can write with authority on my experiences in order to help any people out there who may be having issues with the programme.

I am no newcomer to meditation. I have been practicing TM (Transcendental Meditation) twice a day for just over 36 years. And the bottom line is that I now have deeper and more substantially satisfying meditations than I had before starting with BrainEv. For the first 4 levels, I learned that the best way for me was to listen to the entrainments first thing in the morning, and then go directly into TM. Level 5 proved to be so deepening that I invariably found myself meditating simultaneously with the entrainment, and now that I am on to level 6, I have gone back to separating the two. And it all happens spontaneously, without any real conscious thought. Just what feels good and appropriate.

So, is entrainment like meditation? For me, the clear answer is no. It does take me down into very deep alpha levels, and probably below that. But there is a big difference in the experience. For a start, BrainEv has not enabled a transcendental experience ??? a ???going-beyond??? the thinking process. It sometimes spontaneously comes to me in TM, but never in BrainEv. That alone is a major difference. But the sensation is also different. BrainEv is like a smooth, carefully controlled slow-motion dive, TM is more natural, not so-smooth or carefully controlled. Both have their values, I prefer the natural sensation..

But that???s not to say that BrainEv is without value. It has tremendous value in that it enables clearer, deeper meditation. And that is, for me, the outstanding reason that I love BrainEv.

Not all has, naturally, been soft and smooth. Each level had its own specific issues, each one lasting for about 2 weeks until it just sorted itself out. Level 1 created quite unpleasant sleeping problems at night. Level 2 with its discordant bells was quite unpleasant to listen to. Level 3 created unpleasant sensations and disharmony. Level 4 was delightful, and I especially loved the thunder storms which proved to be totally incongruent with the very hot summer days we are having here. Level 5 brought me so deep so fast that I started spontaneously with TM simultaneously. And now I???m into level 6, my meditations are so deep that I???m having difficulty coming out of them at the end.

In brief, if my observations are of help to anyone out there, I will be satisfied.

Thank you for a wonderful product.

Infinite

• View Profile
Re: BrainEv, Transcendental Meditation (TM), Levels 1-6 report on experiences
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:59:06 am »
Great feedback, William!

I recently read a brief blurb that gave me some new insight into entrainment.
You can read more here: http://inlpcenter.org/brains-remarkable-response-to-two-types-of-meditation/

In my experience, entrainment provides similar results to non-directive meditation.  I believe TM is a form of concentrative meditation, similar to, say, Zen breathing meditation.

Accepting the difference may be helpful for those who are constantly worried that their mind is too active to be considered "meditating".

Also in my experience, entrainment tends to lead to faster results than traditional mediation, but it has a roughness about it.  You don't quite get the full effect.  It's like if I want to see a painting by Van Goh, I can find one in Google images in two seconds.  I get it really fast, and it's a pretty good likeness.  Or I could drive several hours to see the actual painting in a museum.  The experience of the painting will be a lot richer.  But both have their uses and value.

williamjl

• View Profile
Re: BrainEv, Transcendental Meditation (TM), Levels 1-6 report on experiences
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:10:14 am »
Hi Infinite,

From reading the blurb, I get the impression that the researchers don???t really understand what meditation is. TM, at least, is neither concentrative nor non-directional. Yes, it???s a mantra meditation which requires a minuscule element of focus to return to the mantra when it disappears, but there is no attempt to ???block out all other thoughts or activities, such as surrounding noises or actions???. Thoughts, noises and so forth are considered an integral part of meditating, not external.

I agree that for ???those who are constantly worried that their mind is too active to be considered "meditating", accepting the difference may be helpful. The important thing, whether in TM or in BrainEv, is to just accept whatever happens as part of the process. Just allow yourself to relax into the sensations.

And I like your Van Gogh metaphor. Your experience seems pretty similar to mine.

Thank you for your comments.

eyeofthelight

• View Profile
thank you amazing post!!! pretty important information I have read here

Follow us on Twitter