Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Crying  (Read 830 times)

Albano

• View Profile
Crying
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:11:11 pm »
Hello all,

I'm about to graduate (3 days to go) and in the last days I haven't been great and eventually I've started crying today. I'm not even sure when was the last time I've cried (it was definitely before starting to meditate). Has anyone experienced anything similar?

It might be a great thing though....

Tiffany

• View Profile
Re: Crying
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 03:46:25 pm »
Hi Albano,

Emotional outbusts are not uncommon.  These upwellings are a healthy part of processing and improving the hows and whys in some of the ways we function. This emotional processing can lead towards vast improvements in personal development.  This emotional processing can lead towards vast improvements in personal development.

-Tiffany

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 04:27:03 pm »
Hello Albano,
Just a thought regarding the crying. Perhaps you have stuff to cry about? Do you? I have read somewhere - Jim Robbins book, Symphony in the Mind, I think - that brainwave frequency training allows us to process things (even painful stuff) WITHOUT having to drag out each event into consciousness (beta level understanding). So while crying, or laughing, or boredom, or antsyness may feel very peculiar and give the conscious mind cause to wonder, presumably we are re-evaluating old stuff and letting this take on new forms that suit our current state of evolutionary development better.

A second suggestion is to stick at this level while stuff is going on for you. I have graduated and now I wish others had said to stay at a level until the steam or magic wears off. If you are building mental muscle (metaphorically), why rush to get to a new level? What for? In a whole lifetime, what is an extra week or three or ten if it leads to reformatting our hard-drives of the mind? It's your mind, so it's your choice. I know that I am taking my own sweet and leisurely and CONSCIOUS time the second time around. I know inside myself that going on to level 7 is nothing but consumerism (for me) as I have unfinished business in levels 1 to 6 still.

I am currently looking at an alpha-frequency-based therapy which claims to expand all that is good (inteligence, focus, mental stamina, memory etc etc - you've hear it all before), and eliminate all that is unwanted (anxiety, ADD/ADHD, insomnia, muscle tension, allergies, migraine and just about everything including the kitchen sink). It seems very plausible. May be the next step for us Brain Ev-ers. So watch my posts as I will be using the program very shortly and will give feedback. It is called Open Focus - all about how we view our world, with narrow focus (flight or fight response full of tension which erupts in major issues over years) or a relaxed, open, wide-lensed focus (which boils down to whole-brain thinking as we use our whole brain to process data rather than just those fight/flight circuits).

Last thought. Be like 'wise Anna' (Anna Wise, my hero and leading light, see Coffee Shop recommended stuff). At the end of a session, just ask yourself what all that was about. And accept WHATEVER comes up, be that a sensation, a picture, a symbol. Remember delta zones are non-verbal, so what you get will be concise and visual/aural/somatic. Take WHATEVER you get and 'play' with it in beta, i.e. think about it, mull over it, analyse it or whatever feels appropriate. I bet you will soon know more about what triggered those crying episodes. And what you find may not be very earth-shakingly important either. Just another small piece of the puzzle.

If you need a shoulder to cry on, post it on the forum as we are a good crowd here, or PM someone. I would always take time to hear you out.

Hugs and may your journey be a valuable one, Pure Bliss

Albano

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:02:24 pm »
Dear Pure Bliss,

I think you just hit my soft spot. Yes I haven't achieved entrainment from levels 3 and level 6. Maybe I shud go back to these and make sure I 'conquer' them before going to level 7 for a month and then decide on what's best for the future of my brain ev adventure.

How does that sound?
Albano

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:56:59 am »
Dearest Albano,
We share that soft spot.
I know levels 5 and probably 6 went over my head. Why? Don't know.
However I am still entraining well after one month of level 1 at round 2. So I can cope with alpha and some theta. Rather than my being disappointed in 'failing to perform well' in delta, with all my research and reading, I am starting to understand that I (like most of us) have a massive deficit of alpha. And this is where all the peace and contentment, the stillness, the joy and sense of being present occur. Happily it is also a zone of healing, so I am working on ridding myself of body pain (I have so much upper body muscle tension that I never knew of until alpha relaxed me sufficiently to perceive it). I am going to lose my emotional pain too.... all through alpha. Read last night that we may need a significant number of hours spent in alpha to be able to process the good and the ugly swiftly. So I reckon sessions spent in levels 1, 2 and 3 can only be good.

I am currently examining Open Focus - which incidentally uses alpha frequencies. It was developed by Les Fehmi a pioneer of brainwave entrainment. He has developed a method of diffusing focus to cure insomnia, ADD and family, anxiety, depression, rigid thinking, migraine, allergies, muscle pain and so on. Sounds odd that how we pay attention to life could have such an effect, but when I read it, I am not only convinced he is right, but I could solve my insomnia, muscle pain (Don't forget I have been clenching my upper torso, head and neck for about 30 years in preparation for an attack/battle that never eventuates because I am not living in the stone age nor middle ages!), my anxiety and narrow view of the world. If this interests you, I will be using the program over the next 8 weeks or so and I'll give my feedback. However you will have to read my personal thread with feedback.

I look forward to continuing our journey together, Albano, and may any tears you cry be enlightening ones!
Love and growth to you always, Purest Bliss  ;)

Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 02:00:09 pm »
While it seems most people have difficulties with the second triad of sessions, I still feel like level one was my most difficult even though it is supposed to be the easiest to get into.

Now that my ADHD seems to be managed I am anxious to go back to level one once I am done with my first round and see how different it will be then. I am actually considering turning the 6 month program into a 12 month program to see how that works. Then again I would also like to try NP3 for some Beta entrainment, a frequency that is not featured in Brain Ev, so I would have to figure that in somehow.

I'm sure I will get the answers I need when I need them. As the saying goes, when the student is ready the teacher will appear.

Blessings to all
Dreamer
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Follow us on Twitter