Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 929 times)

sparky29

• View Profile
Hello Everyone
« on: August 24, 2015, 11:23:30 pm »
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum, I'm from Australia and I am currently in my 2nd week of level 2. Main reasons I am using the system are to rid myself of Anxiety (GAD and Social),  increase my confidence, quieten the mind chatter and basically become the best version of myself I can become so I can achieve success in all areas of life.

Can you use the Brainev system in conjunction with neurofeedback?

Cheers
Sparky

Infinite

• View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 02:05:04 am »
Hi Sparky,

Welcome to the forum.  It's been pretty quiet around here lately.  Hopefully just because everyone is out enjoying the summer weather....

Regards,
Infinite

Inedible

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 02:10:49 am »
If you have access to propranolol, it is a beta blocker medication. It is primarily used for lowering blood pressure, but it is very helpful for the types of anxiety you describe.

I know that neurofeedback is a type of biofeedback in which you work to influence your brainwaves, but the details can vary wildly from that point. In general with brainwave entrainment one of the goals is to learn to get to the same places without the technology. Two approaches to the same job, but if you give details we can be more specific.

sparky29

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 08:58:01 am »
Thanks for the welcome and the info guys.

I have had propranolol before and it didn't really help. I have found the Indian herb Ashwagandha to be helpful for reducing anxiety as well as taking b-vitamin complex, taurine, Magnesium, L-Theanine. The supplements are  calming and  work on the nervous system as well as the brain, positively affecting GABA by increasing it.

My goal with Brain ev is to get away from taking supplements and just be the person I am meant to be without the anxiety etc.

Cheers
Sparky

sparky29

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 09:02:13 am »
I forgot to mention that I may be ADHD, as I do tick all the boxes, have not had a formal diagnosis. Will my mind chatter when listening interfere with using the Brain Ev System?

Thanks
Sparky

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 12:49:01 am »
Everyone is different, but in general, no, your mind chatter should not be an impediment for brainwave entrainment.  In this case, the technology is basically doing the "mediation" for you.  It would be more of an issue with other methods that require more intense focus such as Zen breathing meditations.  But even then, it is a common misperception that your mind must be still for meditation.  The mind can actually be quite active during mediation, filtering out and reprocessing the junk.  The ultimate goal is to get to where the mind can be still-not because this is what meditation is, but because this means your meditation practice has filtered through all the junk.

Best Regards,
Infinite

sparky29

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 04:47:09 am »
Thanks Infinite.  Thats great to know, as my mind especially after a big day at work is quite busy. Even with my mind chatting away, I find I am able to relax my body. Last night I had the cat open the door and jump on me half way through a session, so I thought I would just start the session again, not sure if  re-starting the session is a good idea or not, I didn't want to miss a night and follow the protocol diligently.

I have got in contact with a couple of different neurofeedback practitioners (not really sure what you call them), to get an idea of what is involved, costs etc and if it would interfere with the work I am doing with BrainEv.  What appeals to me about neurofeedback as it looks to be a quicker way to permanently improve things like anxiety, adhd, sleep, etc. However I would like to get through to level 4 before doing any neurofeedback as from what I have read levels 2 and 3 are really when you start bringing up alot of unresolved issues and where anxiety amongst other issues will likely be at there worst??

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 01:11:17 am »
Hi sparky,

You may find this article interesting: 
http://jonbarron.org/happiness-mental-health/biofeedback-home#.Vd5jdfTiOTI

Follow us on Twitter