Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: new to brain ev  (Read 582 times)

nancyjc88

• View Profile
new to brain ev
« on: August 27, 2014, 02:13:41 pm »
Started with brain ev last week. I find I am restless, a million thoughts going through my mind. I realize from the posts that this is normal and as I progress it will improve however am having trouble getting through 30 min. Thanks Nancy

Infinite

• View Profile
Re: new to brain ev
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:08:08 pm »
Hi Nancy,

Some suggestions:

If you're having trouble getting through 30 minutes because you feel like you should be doing something else "more productive" in that time, you could try listening at a different time.  For instance right before bed.

You could also try listening to just the 15 minute demo for a couple weeks, then restart level 1.

You could also just set shorter listening goals (5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc....) and slowly build up to the full 30 minutes.  Then do your 1 month once you are doing 30 minutes.

Or you could suck it up and just stick with it  :)

Best Regards,
Infinite

Tiffany

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 02:15:34 pm »
Easing into the listening schedule is an excellent idea.  I too have a hard time sitting still and not doing anything for the periods of time that this requires. It usually helps me to remind myself of the benefits that I am enjoying and that I am worth being able to take 30 minutes of my day FOR ME and not for work, kids, laundry, etc...

It not a hard concept for us that some changes are worth putting in the time. Many people see the benefit of taking out time from their day to do something that improves themselves. Going to the gym, taking a class - these are all things we can identify as worthy of giving time to.  Think about changing your perspective to see that the improvements you want from BrainEv are also worth the time investment.

-Tiffany

nancyjc88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 12:20:53 am »
Thanks for the suggestions esp the suck it up "princess". I added the princess part obviously. I'm good at sticking with things esp as I do realize the benefits of meditation. I have done a few days of 15 min and today completed 25 min prior to wanting to move. Yippee. Nancy

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 02:53:17 pm »
Nice job, princess!   :P

Follow us on Twitter