Brain Evolution System Forum - http://forum.brainev.com/

Author Topic: Wall on level 5  (Read 1532 times)

Albano

• View Profile
Wall on level 5
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:05:21 pm »
Hello loved ones,

After two fantastic experiences with level 1 and level 2 and two very challenging
experiences with level 3 and level 4, I'm now onto level 5.

The first three days of level 5 seemed magnificent to me,the fourth not so great, but today during the session, I've gone back several times to my early years, remembering about painful past events. After letting those thoughts invade me for some time, I was going back to the present moment, by focussing on breathing and on the Level 5 sounds.

After the session, it has been a heck of a day. I'm trying to keep as an observer of my own feelings rather than a victim of them, but it's been too hard.

I know I have got too many unresolved issues to deal with, but I was expecting a smoother ride, at least on the odd occasion!

It's seems that after overcoming a mind wall, a bigger one appears right in front of me.

Any enlightened views on this?

Inner peace for all
Al 

AZ Warrior

• View Profile
Re: Wall on level 5
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:00:05 pm »
Hi Albano,

I'm sorry to hear about your recurring repressed emotions/experiences from your past that are resulting in your less than smooth ride as you had hoped. Like yourself, I am on L6 so I cannot answer your question as an "enlightened" BrainEv'er.  :) However, I can answer as a somewhat experienced meditator more or less though I haven't formally been trained beyond the basics of traditional meditation from my martial arts' master, grandmaster (trained by a monk master) and the books I've read written by monk masters.

Most people perceive experienced meditators to be like Gandhi, Buddha, Dalai Lama, etc., and for the most part that is correct. However, I've met many monk masters who were temperamental, suffered occasional depression, etc., but you rarely hear about them--hard to believe, right? But, they exist. The difference is that with time, experience and mastery these "negative" attributes as we may call them do happen but with less frequency. Hence, mastery. They stated that these things are part of the human condition, so it is natural for these circumstances to crop up at some point during training, but as Karl stated on another post, they don't have to for everyone. The questions are: how often, how long, the triggers, the degree, and how to deal with them if they arise. Most monks I have met were very happy and funny, some again were temperamental, and some you just couldn't get a read on how they were from an emotional standpoint unless they told you (great poker players if they were to play the game). Lol

The long of the short of it is that with time and mastery these "negative" attributes appear less and you gain greater control if not resolve them once and for all. It may take days, months, or even years--but I rarely met anyone, even masters, who were never affected even after meditating for decades. Patience, understanding and learning to be aware of the underlying causes, so that we ultimately remove them by the root like weeds, will help you master and reduce these human reactions (permanent elimination is rare yet the goal) that we deem as negative from our lives. Observe them & let them go (do not feed the weeds by dwelling on them). Modifying diet, exercise and/or breathing techniques can help, too. We are all human, and again, that is part of the human condition, so a natural reaction to us if you will though most could do without it and prefer so. :)

When I did traditional meditation, the walls for me were much harder than BrainEv but few and far in between. I guess I have been fortunate in that I would encounter temperamental reactions rather than anxiety, depression, etc. Perhaps you would benefit from counseling with a therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist if things are too difficult to resolve on your own? I know of a few monks who did this route personally--again, something you rarely hear about but it does happen. The Sedona Method or similar may help, too (though I've never done it personally). I don't know if this qualifies as an enlightened perspective as you suggested, but I hope it helps you. Good luck...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:01:43 pm by AZ Warrior »
Sincerely and best regards,

AZ Warrior!

Albano

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:40:41 am »
AZ Warrior,

Thank you for all your advice & tips. I was already expecting the walls, the anxiety, fears and condensed feeling of depression when using BrainEv... I'm not going to dwell on how painful or heartbreaking these are for me  8) If BrainEv magnifies the intensity of traditional meditation by many-fold, the transition between an unhealthy mind to an healthy mind will mean at least a few bumps on the way (for some people more bumps than others  :P). As you said, the walls were coming more often and faster when using Brain Ev as opposed to trraditional meditation.

That's what I think: each time that I feel really hurt, anxious or depressed after using BrainEv, I know it will go away soon and better states of mind will arise.  Hopefully, level 5 will be the one where things will turn around for me after all the memories, anxieties and instant depression moments level 3 and 4 have offered me! If my brainwaves frequency is decreasing due to BrainEv, this could not be eventless! 

As regards counselling or so, I will try not to use that route (at least for now)...I feel I am quite aware of what is happening with me and with my thoughts and understand why a lot of then occur.

As regards Sedona, I am not really familiarized with it. I'm finishing my basic formal training on mindfulness meditation (as well as reading some books about the matter) and I'm becoming even more mindful of what's happening in this little brain of mine. But yeah, maybe I should have a look onto it!

Thank for the good luck wishes!

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 09:00:20 pm »
Hello Albano,
I am so sorry to hear that levels 3 and 4 were bumpy.
You seem to have all the right instincts and a good determination to break through into the sunshine.
Just a couple of thoughts on what you wrote.
Level 5 saw you having flashbacks into early childhood! Well done, congratulations. Just witness this stuff, because, according to Anna Wise (the Awakened Mind) images of the past are evidence that we are entering theta levels and accessing our sub/un conscious. That is success. Allow this to happen. Follow Bill Harris's (of Brain Ev competitor Holosync) advice: JUST OBSERVE. BE A WITNESS. WHEN YOU REGRESS, SAY, AH THAT'S FINE WITH ME. WHEN YOU HAVE EMOTIONS BUBBLE UP, JUST WITNESS (don't judge) THEM. The aim is to let it come to the surface (the surface being consciousness, i.e. alpha levels).

You had an easy ride in levels 1 and 2 (as did I). Perhaps you will be the very person on this forum to be able to confirm that you eventually feel better for airing all the emotion and flashbacks. So if the subsequent levels challenge you, remember that this is the aim of Brain Ev. Just look at the introductory videos. Each level pushes us harder. The pushing may not be easy.

For me level 5 seemed to go over the top of my head. I just didn't engage and descend into deeper frequencies. I didn't hit a wall in the sense I had no pain; I simply felt nothing was happening during sessions. I had headaches all the time (which I now consider was due to resistance). At the end, I learned how to release all the pain and tension and headache through head massage - boy did that hurt me physically - but one month on, no headaches, I am still self-healing. Now I believe I got a great reward for persevering through level 5: I have acquired the ability to self-heal. I am my own healer. That feels huge for me. Seriously empowering.

I seriously suggest you watch the introductory video several times so you know what is happening during each session/level and when in the session. Next get Anna Wise's book as she will help you "make friends" with alpha, theta and delta. You may need to talk encouragingly and reassuringly to your sub/un conscious.  One thing is for sure, there is nothing worse inside our heads than exists on the outside. Also set an intention for what you would like to receive for each level.

And when you get anxious, depressed etc..... stay with the emotion, feel it fully, savour it, experience it, be alright/accepting of it as a part of you (as it is a part of all of us). You may find it morphs into something else entirely, or suddenly you get an insight (during or outside of sessions) as to what is behind this stuff. Accept whatever you get.

I hope this doesn't sound too airy-fairy.
May you grow by leaps and bounds, Albano.
All the best in sisterhood, Pure Bliss

Albano

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 11:46:04 am »
Dear Pure Bliss,

Thanks for the words of wisdom! Something that you have said and I totally agree (and seen in the past in other posts/websites) is the fact that I should feel very glad that, by having experiences like the one I had on Sunday (no matter how painful these are) I am letting my unconscious mind come to surface. From that point forward, everything is possible: I can work harder on changing my core beliefs and replace them with healthier beliefs  8)

So, yes it is worth to keep persevering with Brain Ev and being consistently pushed harder on every level I go through.

I promise I will get the Anna Wise book. Something I am quite curious about is how much can you change your core beliefs whilst on a conscious mode?

Thank you for the right words at the right time
Albano

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 04:44:01 pm »
Ahhh... Albano....
Thank you for your kind praise. [Sometimes I wonder if I'm not boring the pants off people with all my enthusiastic waffling!  ;) It is meant well, so glad if something I wrote hit the spot.]

When Brain Ev-ing, remember the sub/un conscious are non-verbal, so they often communicate though visual flashbacks, very short pulses of video - perhaps just one frame (to use a video metaphor); or colours; or sensations (such as the emotions you are experiencing). If you want more from your sub/un conscious, you need to witness and acknowledge anything of this sort that you harvest during a session. This is how communication between conscious mind and unconscious mind (= whole-brain thinking) can evolve.

I only learned this in level 4/5, so I missed months of flashes. When I got them, I consistently told myself to 'let it go'! Pity, huh? Today (week 4 of level 6) I had a wonderful kaleidoscope session. Colours, flashes, mini-flashbacks, deep appreciation of the sound on the track, emotions which 'happen' during a session are now looked at and acknowledged. The more I watch (no judgement, no good results, nothing that should/ should not be happening), the more I see/experience. As my analytical (beta) brain is switched off during a session, as it should be, I don't understand much, but I can often retain what I experience, and during the day this stuff starts to make some sense.

Changing core beliefs in conscious mode. Yes. A good question. You will find how to do this from Anna Wise. To access core beliefs we need to be able to access where they lurk/hide (i.e. sub/un conscious, or theta and delta realms). To do this, you need to stay relatively awake during the theta/delta experience, as you need awakeness (alpha frequency) to remember what you have witnessed. To do this takes practice. I am practicing and getting results, bit by bit.

First step: make friends with sub/un conscious by reassuring them you can cope with what lies within and you are interested in knowing the content BEFORE session, when you are relaxing and calming down, and
Second step: express your interest in discovering X (i.e. intention is to uncover core beliefs which may be contributing to .... i.e. financial instability, relationship issues etc etc - choose your own arena for improvement).
Step three: Witness, witness, witness but don't think/judge (this will rush you straight back into beta/alertness) during a session. Just watch the mind-scape. Observe it. Take whatever you get, or don't get and be grateful.
Repeat next session.

I look forward to hearing what eventuates.

When you do discover what fears and terrors your sub/un conscious is carefully masking from you, my guess is it will be nothing to write home about!

As an example of one of my level 6 theta/delta horror-visions, I repeatedly saw one frame of a skull that was crushed on the right side. What the hell? What is that? Couldn't make any sense of it (post session that is). I kept asking prior to a session for more data on the crushed skull, its meaning. First waking explanation (beta waves post session musing) was a memory of my brother's brain injury from a motor bike fall and I cleaned his blood soaked helmet, and envisioned bad outcomes while he lay in intensive care - this resurfaced as a crushed skull?
Then, when I stopped musing/worrying about the significance, a new idea surfaced during a session (i.e. unbidden). I was one of twins (this is a true fact). The twin died in utero and was absorbed into my gall bladder. Aged 24 I had a "tumour - probably cancer which needed to be removed immediately". What they found was totally benign. Some bone and hair belonging to my absorbed twin. I suddenly insighted that the crushed skull was her - my twin who never developed, yet I had the honour of carrying her with me for 24 years, so she lived through me. Nonsense or not, I cannot say, however I have not had that crushed skull vision back during theta/delta - it has now moved clearly into beta consciousness via alpha.

This is difficult to communicate, so ask if you don't understand. I took this example to show I got one snapshot (crushed skull), and then answers came post session as gentle insights and musings. I welcome my twin sister and hope to share some of my wonderful life with her. Scary? No. Shocking? No. Important or earth shaking? Probably not. But it is something I have let come into consciousness and accepted without placing a value on it. It is. Now I am ready for more.

Once I get good at this, I can clear out all the spooky matters, and just concentrate on the positive aspects of whole brain thinking - creativity, balance, insight, rejuventation (I am already self-healing), resiliance and and and...

Happy and successful journeying then, Albano, and anyone else who reads this and decides to explore and accept what they find deep within.
Cheers, Pure Bliss

Albano

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 04:12:14 pm »
Pure Bliss,

As advised I have tried to make friends with my sub-conscious...some sessions I have been successful, some not as much.

There was something really amazing that has been happening in the last few days. After a very bad day last Sunday, I had 4 very good days until Thursday and then on Friday I had a not so great day. However, since yesterday morning, each time I am having a more negative thought about myself (I always had very low self-esteem and all that comes with it), I catch the thought and think to myself 'hold on, I am a great person, I am as good as everybody else, regardless of my occupation, income or anything else!'. Even when I have a bad thought about where I live, how I live, I think 'hey, I can be very happy and I AM very happy!'.

I guess the 6 months of meditation + 4 months & 1 week are paying out some way :)  I don't how these coping mechanism started working that well, but I'm absolutely amazed. Can anybody give an insight on how these coping/learning to love yourself mechanisms work?

Lots of love
Al

Albano

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 08:05:51 am »
Am I learning to self accept myself? Is that what other people have taken out from BrainEv?

Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 02:41:31 pm »
I think accepting one's self is a big part of Brain Ev and a required part of progressing as a person. I haven't been here for a while and this is the first time I have read your thread, but I think what you are experiencing is totally awesome.
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Pure Bliss

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 04:19:58 pm »
Dearest Albano and Dreamer,
I totally agree with you. Self-acceptance. This matches my experience too. I am kinder and more compassionate towards my self and find myself liking/accepting myself.

You seem to have had an interesting week, Albano. Remember not to 'judge' episodes/ experiences as good or bad, just 'witness' or notice what is going on. We all have tons of garbage to clear out of the theta and delta realms, so if we hanker after the 'good' we merely delay the surfacing of the 'bad' stuff. When fear, tension, stiffness, anxiety etc etc are present, remember to 'go there', welcome it, allow it to manifest, if you 'feel' it intensely you can remain in alpha and this allows the bad stuff to surface out of unconsciousness and into consciousness (alpha realm).

I wish you both deep, fulfilling experiences in the theta/delta zones. Happy travels and may you feel all the better for letting that which is with-in, enter our conscious awareness. Hugs de la belle France, Purest Bliss  :-*

AZ Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 06:14:51 pm »
Hi Albano,

I hope things are getting better for you and you are well since we last spoke. Since you stated your concern is in regards to low self-esteem, & after some time to think about your situation  :) , I was wondering if you've ever tried NLP techniques?

It may help you overcome these barriers and I HIGHLY recommend Anthony Robbins' book, "Awaken The Giant Within." His seminars, of course, would be best (most effective) but this book is $12 on Amazon. It has a lot of techniques that would be worth pursuing and are easy to do. Just another suggestion to consider. Hang in there, and we are rooting for ya. :)
Sincerely and best regards,

AZ Warrior!

Albano

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 11:01:43 pm »
Hello all,

@Pure Bliss & Dreamer,
Yes, it has been quite a journey. I don't know how level 6 will be, but level 5 is by far my favourite (well, let's wait and see what level 6 brings us, shall we? :) ). Yes, I am trying to look at all of it with spectators eyes, which can be extremely difficult at times. I am still waiting for Anna's Wise book to arrive.  :(

@ AZ Warrior,
Thank you for your beautiful wishes  :) I've never tried NLP, although one of my mates is a huge fan. I had a quick glance at Anthony Robbins book on the internet yesterday and it seems that I've been using some of the techniques on my own during the last 6/7 days (I would assume in not such a structured way!).

Something really interesting which started happening automatically (lets say) in the last two days as well is expressing gratitude for things that I have, that I can feel (kind of '"i'm really greatful for my body or my vision or having two legs or whatever") which can help produce feelings of extreme happiness, and therefore lots of good chemicals (hey, it's all about the chemicals!). The expression of such feelings only happened once to me previously to me, and it was about 3 years ago, right after reading 'The Secret' and that was clearly induced by the book. I don't know if any of you has had the same experience, but it feels pretty powerful  :D ;) :)

I could say 'boy I wish level 5 never ends' but I don't know what might await on level 6 (or 7?!)

Hugs, kisses and all the rest from a Portuguese man lost (or found) in British territory

narongkorn

• View Profile
    • ?????????
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 07:55:18 am »
I'm sorry to hear about your recurring repressed emotions/experiences from your past that are resulting in your less than smooth ride as you had hoped.
?????????|????????|????|???????|??????????????

Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 12:03:34 pm »
Albano,
Never underestimate the power of gratitude. Being grateful everyday is amazing and can really change you in ways you would not expect. It is good to hear that the rough spot may likely be behind you and that pushing yourself through it has been worthwhile.
Blessings on your continued journey.
Dreamer.
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

NickR

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 09:44:30 pm »
Albano
   It sounds like you are making great progress. Letting experiences just pass by without labelling them is something I have learned from the Sedona Method. It took me some time before I felt I was making progress.  I'm really looking forwards to progressing through the levels of BrainEV. This is a great forum. I am learning such a lot.
Pure Bliss Great insights as usual.

:)

Nick

Follow us on Twitter